Meghan Markle’s sister: ‘It’s a huge honor Prince Charles stepped in’

‘He certainly did have a heart attack. It was not fake’: Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha Grant says father did have medical emergency as photos show him with a Frappucino after surgery

Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha Grant has given her first interview since the Royal Wedding and opened up on the issue of the pair’s father, Thomas Markle. 

The 53-year-old spoke to Australian radio station 2DayFM, insisting that her father was still unwell following a heart attack, which forced him to miss Meghan’s wedding, and thus the chance to walk her down the aisle.

The former actress told hosts Em, Grant and Ed: ‘He is recovering, still in the hospital. He certainly did have a heart attack, it was not fake’. 

DailyMail.com spotted Markle Sr stopping off at a Starbucks drive-thru on his way home from the hospital on Monday, where a photo shows him holding a a Frappuccino with whipped cream and chocolate on the top. 

He had previously been photographed by DailyMail.com at a McDonald’s drive-thru two days after he said he had suffered a heart attack picking up two Happy Meals and a chocolate milkshake covered with whipped cream around lunchtime.

A few hours later, Thomas was spotted again as he pulled into a KFC near the Mexican border for dinner, grabbing himself a bucket of chicken for dinner. 

The night prior he was seen getting a Yoohoo chocolate drink, some Gas X and a flavored Starbucks beverage at a 7-11 in San Diego. 

Scroll down for video 

Issues at home: Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha Grant has given her first interview since the Royal Wedding and opened up on the issue of the pair’s father, Thomas Markle

 Whipped: Markle Sr was seen for the first time since the wedding grabbing a Frappucino from Starbucks (above)

Drive thru: Markle was previously seen grabbing a frozen beverage with whipped cream at McDonalds two days after he said he had a heart attack (above)

Shake it up: He was also seen picking up a Yoohoo (above) the day after he said he suffered a heart attack

Missing out on walking Meghan down the aisle was ‘hard’ for Thomas, Samantha says, but he was ‘honoured’ that Prince Charles stepped in. 

‘It was quite difficult for him… he wanted to be there to walk her down the aisle,’ the mother-of-three revealed. 

‘On the other hand it was a huge honour that Prince Charles walked her down the aisle on his behalf. So it was bitter but definitely sweet at the same time,’ she added. 

Samantha defended her father’s decision to take part in staged paparazzi photos, which she’d advised him to do. 

Unwell: The 53-year-old spoke to Australian radio station 2DayFM, insisting that her father was still unwell following a heart attack, which forced him to miss Meghan’s wedding

Helping hand: Missing out on walking Meghan down the aisle was ‘hard’ for Thomas, according to Samantha

Family support: ‘It was a huge honour that Prince Charles walked her down the aisle,’ Samantha said of her sister’s big day 

‘The only photos of him that were – quote – staged, were the ones of him engaging in a normal lifestyle because he had been purposely depicted in an unfavourable light,’ she said. 

The Florida native also revealed that her father did not make ‘a reasonable sum’ of money from the images, which showed him researching England and looking at photographs of Prince Harry and Meghan on his computer.

‘He did not accept any reasonable sum of money for them. The only ones who made money were the photographers, and he had turned down interviews twice during the year which were upwards of $50,000. So clearly he wasn’t money-motivated.’   

Photo drama: The Florida native revealed that her father did not make ‘a reasonable sum’ of money from staged paparazzi images

Tuning in: Samantha went on to reveal that she watched Meghan and Harry’s wedding on television at home in Florida

Samantha went on to reveal that she watched Meghan and Harry’s wedding on television at home in Florida. 

The former model admitted she hopes that Meghan will take a phone call from her once she returns from her honeymoon with Harry. 

She said: ‘When things settle down I will hopefully be able to share with her my wishes and the gift that I got for her. I think that everything will come full circle.’   

Hoping for a bell: The former actress admitted she hopes that Meghan will take a phone call from her once she returns from her honeymoon with Harry

Source: Read Full Article