Tom Cruise to 'wind up Mission: Impossible 7 filming for Xmas break'

Tom Cruise to ‘wind up Mission: Impossible 7 filming for early Christmas break… after five crew members QUIT following his second furious rant on set’

  • The actor, 58, is said to be ‘winding up’ filming on Friday for an ‘early’ Christmas break 
  • Tom is reportedly flying to Dubai for a festive getaway with his son Connor, 25   
  • Earlier this week, Tom is said to have ranted for a second time after his first rant was made public
  • Five members of the crew are said to have quit the ‘tense’ production afterwards 
  • First rant was reportedly sparked after staff stood less than two metres apart 
  • It is thought to have happened during filming at Warner Bros. Studio, in the UK 
  • It comes after filming was delayed earlier this year due to the Covid pandemic 

Tom Cruise is reportedly set to wind up Mission: Impossible 7 filming on Friday for an ‘early’ Christmas break.

It comes after it was claimed earlier this week that five crew members on set have ‘quit’ after the actor, 58, ‘launched into a second rant’ following his fury about staff breaking COVID rules.

Tom is said to be jetting to Dubai on his private jet to spend Christmas with his son Connor, 25.

Festive break: Tom Cruise is reportedly set to wind up Mission: Impossible 7 filming on Friday for an ‘early’ Christmas break (pictured filming in Rome in October with co-star Hayley Atwell) 

A source told The Sun: ‘It has been exhausting keeping the production on track for so long, and it’s not getting any easier – Christmas can’t come soon enough.

‘Tom has decided he’s ready for a break and is now going to wind up filming for 2020 on Friday, and fly to Dubai over the weekend on his private jet to spend Christmas with his son.

‘It’s the end of a really tough year, and a bit of time out seems like a good idea for everyone as tensions have been mounting for a while.’

Tom adopted son Connor, 25, and daughter Isabella, 27, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman. After their split in 2001, Tom retained custody of their two children, who had been raised in the Church of Scientology. 

‘Fury’: It comes after it was claimed earlier this week that five crew members on set have ‘quit’ after the actor, 58, ‘launched into a second rant’ following his fury about staff breaking COVID rules (pictured filming in Rome in October) 

MailOnline has contacted Tom Cruise, Warner Bros. and director Christopher McQuarrie’s representatives for comment.   

It comes after it was claimed earlier this week that five crew members on set have ‘quit’ after Tom ‘launched into a second furious rant’.

The actor is said to have given staff an X-rated dressing down after he caught them breaking UK Covid rules at Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden, Hertfordshire, on Tuesday.

A source claimed after news of the first outburst was made public, there has been ‘more anger’ at the already ‘tense’ production. 

An insider told The Sun: ‘Tension has been building for months and this was the final straw. Since it became public there has been more anger and several staff have walked.

Family: Tom adopted son Connor, 25, and daughter Isabella, 27, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman. After their split in 2001, Tom retained custody of their two children (pictured in 2013) 

‘But Tom just can’t take any more after all the lengths they have gone to just to keep filming at all. He’s upset others aren’t taking it as seriously as him.’ 

They added it is Tom who feels responsible for the production after putting so much time and money into ensuring precautions are in place so the team can film.

MailOnline contacted Tom Cruise’s representatives for a comment at the time.  

It was previously reported that the Hollywood star scolded workers who flouted social distancing rules while filming at Warner Bros. Studios.  

Invoking the no-nonsense attitude of his character, Ethan Hunt, the actor is said to have told them ‘If I see you doing it again, you’re f***ing gone’. 

The paper said the dressing down was recorded on an audio tape, in which he is heard to add: ‘And if anyone in this crew does it, that’s it — and you too and you too.

‘And you, don’t you ever f***ing do it again. We are not shutting this f***ing movie down.’

Not impressed? The actor is said to have given staff an X-rated dressing down after he caught them breaking UK Covid rules at Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden, Hertfordshire, on Tuesday (pictured filming in Rome in November)

The American actor was reportedly angered after seeing the pair stood less than a metre away from each other at a computer screen. 

Filming is well underway for the latest movie in the blockbuster franchise – Mission: Impossible 7.

The actor has already been seen filming in Rome for the film – in which he will reprise the role of fictional American secret agent, Ethan Hunt. 

Last month, Tom was seen getting behind the wheel of a vintage yellow Fiat 500 in the Italian capital as he prepared for dramatic stand-off scenes with a squad of police cars. 

The star was seen attempting to drive his small vehicle down a wide city boulevard, before apparently coming unstuck when met with the army of cop cars and bikes.

In previous weeks, he has been spotted shooting a number of scenes in the Italian capital with his Mission: Impossible 7 co-star Hayley Atwell, 38.

Filming has also taken place in Venice, as well as Britain and Norway. 

Frustrating: Filming was already delayed for months after COVID-19 spread across Italy, where production had been based in March, leading the release to be pushed back

But the film has already faced delays. The crew were forced to pause production due to Covid.

Many of the vital scenes were due to be filmed in Italy – which was at one point the centre of the world’s pandemic.

In October, the Top Gun star held crisis talks with director Christopher McQuarrie after 12 people on set reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

Health chiefs were said to be tracing the contacts of those who tested positive after filming was suspended, dashing hopes it was an isolated case.

Last month, The Sun reported 150 extras for the film were informed they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule for the evening.

While no official reason was given for the sudden decision, it was claimed a coronavirus test had come back positive from the production so filming needed to be suspended temporarily. 

Crew also urged members of the public to remain socially distanced from one another as they waited to see the stars, while Tom and director Christopher are also said to have made the request. 

The star has been wearing a mask on set and has also reportedly been keeping an eye out for Covid rule-breakers.

According to the Sun, he has paid £500,000 of his own money to pay for a cruise ship for the cast and crew to isolate on.

Mission: Impossible 7 is set to be released on November 19, 2021.

Delays: In October, it was reported 150 extras were informed they were not to come in to shoot scenes that were on the filming schedule (Tom and co-star Hayley pictured in October)

Source: Read Full Article