- Warning: Spoilers ahead for "Westworld" season three, episode two, "The Winter Line."
- Actor Luke Hemsworth was hanging up a "really big" TV by himself just two days before filming a fight scene in "Westworld."
- "I actually snapped my bicep off the bone," Hemsworth told Insider in an interview.
- The scene was rewritten so his character, Stubbs, gets shot in the arm and finishes the fight one-handed.
- Read our full interview with Hemsworth here.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
In Sunday's new episode of "Westworld" season three, Ashley Stubbs (played by Luke Hemsworth) fought off a group of Delos security guards as he helped Bernard buy some time.
"The funny thing is, the first big fight that I had when we're leaving the park with the guys in the hallway, I actually snapped my bicep off the bone two days before that," Hemsworth told Insider in an interview ahead of the season three premiere. "So when [Stubbs] gets shot in the arm, that was something we had to do because I couldn't move my arm properly."
How does one snap their bicep off the bone, you might be asking yourself? Apparently by hauling a "really big" TV up a ladder.
"I was hanging a TV by myself on a ladder and just — it was a big TV," Hemsworth said. "It was really big. And it was a really long way up. I was just kind of bouncing it to get it onto the brackets and it just went like [makes a popping sound]. It was like an axe chop. But I got the TV on! [laughing] Somehow the TV was on the brackets and it's still there to this day."
So Stubbs' fight scene was rewritten just days before filming. He gets shot in the shoulder early on in the scuffle, rendering that arm useless.
"They had to write it in because physically I could barely lift my arm and then I had surgery the following week," Hemsworth said. "That whole fight scene is one-handed because, uh, yeah."
Read our full interview with Hemsworth here to learn more about how the actor guessed all along that Stubbs might be a host and more.
Source: Read Full Article