LisaLisa96 posted the snap on Reddit, where impressed users have said her skin "loves like porcelain" in the after shot.
Before getting the medical treatment, Lisa's skin was covered in spots – with irritable red patches over her cheeks, and a collection of whiteheads on her chin.
In the second snap, she is wearing tinted sunscreen and mascara – but otherwise is make-up free, and says her "confidence issues" are gone for good.
Lisa had tried lots of different acne treatments before, both medical and diet related, but said: "Nothing worked, my acne kept returning.
"Finally my dermatologist suggested Accutane, she put me on 30mg per day because my acne wasn't too severe.
"I suggest you consult your dermatologist and to do whatever you feel is right for you. No doctor can know your skin and body as well as you do! Trust your gut."
What is accutane, and does it work?
- Accutane (or isotretinoin) is a capsule acne treatment – which can be prescribed on the NHS.
- The capsules start to work within a week to 10 days, and will clear up your skin for 80% of people within 4 months.
- Your lips and skin can become dry and very sensitive to sunlight during treatment.
- It's not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women, or those under the age of 12.
- There is a risk of serious side effects, including blistering skin rashes, muscle weakness, liver/kidney problems, pancreatitis and sudden changes in eyesight.
- “The vast majority of patients who go on Accutane have no major, scary side effects,” Mona Gohara, M.D., dermatologist at Yale University told Cosmopolitan.
- “The horror stories you hear are actually quite rare.”
- Accutane/isotretinoin must be prescribed by your doctor. Don't take it without seeking medical advice.
Lisa has now been off Accutane for a year, but says her skin looks as flawless as ever.
She added: "Now, beyond my daily routine I've made it a habit changing my pillow case every other day and drinking water as much as I possibly can".
Commenters were gobsmacked, saying: "You look like you've never had any acne or other skin problems, ever", and "your skin looks f l a w l e s s."
In more skin news, this woman nicknamed ‘pizza face’ claims CANNABIS has ‘cured her severe acne’.
While Zoella ‘loves’ this £16 spot cream and puts it on ‘all my problem areas’ to battle acne.
Source: Read Full Article