Can you tell which of these looks used 21 make-up products and which used six?
We decided to test whether using just a handful of cosmetics basics can give you the same look as a faceful of specialist goodies.
The secret turns out to be looking for multi-purpose products and being a bit more savvy about how you use them.
Here we ask make-up artist LISA SLONEEM to create the same look twice – once using 21 products and the other time just six.
Can you spot the difference?
USING fewer products will save time, money and space in your handbag – but go for the right formulations that give maximum impact.
1. Maximum cover foundation, £33.50, Estee Lauder: Apply sparingly to moisturised skin to give an even base. Works brilliantly to cover dark circles and is long-wearing with a matte finish, so no powder needed.
2. The Radiant One, £5, CYO at Boots: This shimmery powder triples as a bronzer, blush and highlighter with three colours that can be blended or used to highlight and contour. I also used this to give the eyes a bit of sparkle. Lasts up to 16 hours.
3. Liquid brow pen, £22, Suqqu: Gives a natural finish as you can use the brush to draw fine strokes that look like hairs and blend perfectly with your natural brows.
4. Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel eyeliner, £8.99, Maybelline: Waterproof and smudge-proof for 24 hours. Apply with an angled brush to give a perfect flick or a small blending brush for a smoky eye.
5. The Falsies Volum’ express mascara, £7.99, Maybelline: For maximum flutter without the need for lash primers, go for a mascara that contains the fibres that will build your lashes to false-lash thickness.
6. Always-on liquid lipstick, £19, Smashbox: Bold lipstick with precision tip applicator for perfect outlining and fill without the need for an additional liner. Infused with primer oil and dries to matte finish, lasting up to eight hours.
THESE products work brilliantly individually but take up a lot of space – and cost a lot of cash.
1. Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch primer, £24, Fenty Beauty.
2. Face & Body foundation, £30, Mac.
3. Studio Finish concealer, £16.50, Mac.
4. Undereye Illuminate concealer, £3.50, George at Asda.
5. Photoready Insta-Blush in rose gold kiss, £9.99, Revlon.
6. Insta Fix And Matte translucent powder, £4.99, Rimmel.
7. Natural bronzer, £5.99, Rimmel.
8. Illuminator, £32, Laura Mercier.
9. Tamer brow cream, £2.50, George at Asda.
10. Eyebrow gel, £19, Laura Mercier.
11. Make-up Studio eye primer, £13.50, Diego dalla Palma.
12. Colourband eyeshadow in beige minimalist, £5.99, Bourjois.
13. Boutique Eyeshadow In A Nutshell, £4, Sainsbury’s.
14. Master ink, £5.99, Maybelline.
15. Lash Sensational primer mascara, £7.99, Maybelline.
16. Total Temptation mascara, £8.99, Maybelline.
17. Lip Insurance primer, £14.50, Too Faced.
18. Lip liner, £2.75, George at Asda.
19. HD gel lipstick, £7.99, Revlon.
20. Insta Matte Lipstick Transformer, £19, Smashbox.
21. All Nighter setting spray £24, Urban Decay.
Source: Read Full Article