Easy, pretty beauty tricks to try this spring
Want to switch up your beauty look for spring? The Post’s employees test-drive this season’s fabulous makeup trends paired with the hottest hair accessories. So, whether you’re going for girly or glamorous, get ready to try something new and dress up your ’do!
Modeled by Kayla Clough
The face: The “draping” makeup look — in which your blush and your eyeshadow blend to connect the eye area, temples and cheeks — was all over the spring runways. And it’s surprisingly easy to pull off, so get ready to glow. Start by prepping the cheekbones with a liquid highlighter in a pretty blush tint from cheekbones to temple, then apply a golden eye shadow to the eyes and blend outward toward the upper cheeks. Finish with another layer of highlighter for extra shimmer.
- Holographic Face Gloss, $20, MilkMakeup.com
- Lip gloss in “Triple X”, $26 and Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in “Rigel”, $29 both at NarsCosmetics.com
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer in “6”, $62 at GiorgioArmaniBeauty-USA.com
The hair: Headbands are an easy way to spice up your hair style. Amp up the effect by layering two different types, such as this gem satin band worn over a silky ruffled floral topper.
- “Gem Mosaic” headbands, $85 (each), and ruffle turband, $81, all at JenniferOuellette.com
Modeled by Maggie Coughlan
The face: Calling all makeup minimalists: This artfully flushed look is simple enough for the office but chic enough for an outdoor wedding. Using a brush, blend a powder highlighter on the cheekbone in a circular motion. Add a neutral blush to the outer apples and the hollows of the cheeks.
- KARL LAGERFELD + ModelCo Luxe Highlight & Glow in “Nude Pink”, $40 at Nordstrom.com
- Soleil Contouring Compact in “Nude Glow”, $108 at TomFord.com
The hair: Like everything else from the ’90s, the divisive banana clip is back. This marbled aqua number pops against Maggie’s gorgeous red hair.
- Marbleized Banana Clip, $12 at FreePeople.com
Modeled by Hannah Sparks
The face: This double-winged eyeliner will earn you double takes all night. Apply a colorful eyeliner above the lash line with a slight wing at the corner, and use the same color under the lower lash line, winging it out into a two-pronged fork shape. To make the color pop, line the waterline with a white eyeliner. Layer another color on the lower lash line into the inner corner of the eye for extra oomph.
- Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in “Jazz (Berry) 46” and “Orange Crush! 78”, $25 (each) at MarcJacobsBeauty.com
- Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in “Santa Monica Blvd”, $26 at NarsCosmetics.com
The hair: Channel an edgy off-duty model with a slew of beak and snap clips: Sleek, cool and very Cara Delevingne.
- “XL Snap” clips, $7 (set of 2) at MyKitsch.com
- Beak clips, $6.99 (set of 6) at Claires.com
Modeled by Erica van Rabenswaay
The face: Ultraglossy lips can take even the most basic look into glamazon territory. Rock your favorite red — every shade from berry to burgundy works — and swoosh on some shiny gloss. Apply a pigmented lip liner all over the lip for a bold base, followed by a layer of cream lipstick. Top it off with a tinted bright gloss.
- Smooth Silk Lip Liner in “11”, $30 and Lip Maestro gloss in “400”, $38 both at GiorgioArmaniBeauty-USA.com
- YSL Vinyl Cream in “411” in Rhythm Red, $36 at Sephora, 580 5th Ave.
The hair: Barrettes aren’t just for kids anymore: This glitzy duo perfectly complements a bombshell red lip — perfect for a ladies’ night out.
- “212” and “NYC” pins (worn as barrettes), $150 (each) at SashaSamuel.com
Modeled by Anahita Moussavian
The face: Breaking beauty news: Blue eyeshadow is cool again — and can be worn for day or night. To create the perfect turquoise smoky-style eye, start by applying a teal or cobalt liner on the top lash line, followed by a royal blue liner on the outer corner of the eye. Then, blend a few different blue-hue shadows over the lid.
- Stylo Yeux waterproof in “Fervent Blue”, $33 at Chanel.com
- Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in “Abbey Road”, $26 at NarsCosmetics.com
- 5 Couleurs Cool Wave #367 “Cool Down”, $63 at Dior.com
The hair: Playful eyeshadow calls for equally playful hair accessories. Weave a few ribbons through your high ponytail and top it off with a scrunchie for a cute throwback vibe.
- Hair scrunchies, $12 (set of 5) at MyKitsch.com
- Iridescent ribbon, $6 (2 yards), glitter organdy ribbon, $2.59 (1 yard), and metallic ribbon, $2 (1 yard), all at M&J Trimmings, 1008 Sixth Ave.
Crew Credits: Photographer: Annie Wermiel/ NYPOST; Hair and Makeup: Antonio and Jesus Estrada; Stylists: Anahita Moussavian and Johannah Masters; Stylist Assistants: Bree Bonagofsky and Cody Jones
Source: Read Full Article