How Queen, Prince Harry & Kate Middleton are coping with COVID-19- castle isolation, stuck in Canada & banning playdates

THEY may be one of the most famous families in the world – but that doesn't mean the Royals aren't having to take extra precautions amid the coronavirus crisis like the rest of us.

Yesterday, it was announced The Queen was taking a step back from royal duties amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

⚠️Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates

Meanwhile, other senior members of the Royal Family have had to evaluate their engagements in light of the ongoing crisis which has seen millions of Brits confined to their homes.

Here Fabulous Digital examines how each member of the Royal Family is coping with the outbreak – and how some are trying to Keep Calm and Carry On.

Kate Middleton and Prince William – homeschooling kids and banning playdates

Kate Middleton and Prince William are remaining in London for now – but escaping to their second home in Norfolk where they can.

The Sun exclusively revealed that Princess Charlotte and Prince George will be home-schooled over coronavirus fears.

Thomas's in Battersea are encouraging all parents including Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, to remove children from classes by Friday.

The measure is precautionary and no one at St Thomas's four schools have tested positive for the disease.

As well as remote being given "remote learning" lessons at home, the Duke and Duchess have also been advised to stop playdates amid the coronavirus outbreak.

During these uncertain times, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have re-evulated their schedule but are still trying to carrying out their duties as normal.

A source told Vanity Fair: "At a time like this, the royal family is very important in providing stability and support to a worried nation.

"The Cambridges are not in the vulnerable sector and they want to help. Their aides are going through the latest government advice but it’s fair to say the focus of their work will shift.

CORONAVIRUS LATEST NEWS

For all the latest news, tips and information – plus essential advice for you and your family – on the Coronavirus crisis, sign up to our newsletter.

It will be sent out every teatime at thesun.co.uk/covidbulletin

Or you can like our coronavirus Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/CoronavirusLatestTheSun/

"Supporting the community and vulnerable people in society is more important right now."

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle – stuck in £11m Canadian mansion

Earlier this month, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle completed their final engagements as senior members of the Royal Family in the UK.

But shortly after they returned to Canada last week, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau shut the borders over growing coronavirus concerns – leaving the pair essentially trapped.

What's more, friends of the couple have revealed they're self-isolating in a £11m mansion on Vancouver Island with their 10-month-old baby Archie.


In Canada, there are more than 300 cases and four deaths from coronavirus – including 12 cases on Vancouver Island where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are staying.

According to the Daily Mail, Harry is feeling "helpless and concerned" about The Queen and Prince Charles back in the UK amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"Meghan said they are grateful, especially Harry, that they could spend time with his family before all this insanity began," the insider said.

"Meghan said (Harry) has been in contact with the both his father and grandmother. He urged them to stay safe and to take extra precautions."



According to the same source, Harry "feels a bit helpless and isolated out in the middle of nowhere, but is grateful that they are all together as a family."

This afternoon, the couple shared an emotional Instagram post urging the public to "come together".

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex told their 11.3million followers "we are all in this together" as the number of global coronavirus cases today surged past 200,000.

Princess Beatrice – cancelled wedding

Princess Beatrice has confirmed she has had to cancel her May wedding amid the coronavirus outbreak.

The royal bride was originally supposed to marry Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi at St James Palace on 29 May.

A friend of Bea – daughter of the Duke and Duchess of York – said she is “very sad” about the decision, but realised there was “no alternative” to moving the event to next year for the safety of all concerned.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman confirmed: "Princess Beatrice and Mr Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.

"In line with government advice for the UK and beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements for 29th May.

"They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people. Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place.

"The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends."

The Queen – self-isolating in Windsor

Palace officials announced yesterday that Her Majesty will be relocating to Windsor Castle amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

It was confirmed The Queen, 93, will move to Windsor tomorrow – one week ahead of schedule due government advice to combat the outbreak.

The Queen welcomed Commodore Steven Moorhouse and Captain Angus Essenhigh during her final private audience at Buckingham Palace this afternoon – but notably didn't shake hands.

She is likely to remain at Windsor Castle for an extended period after the Easter period.

According to NHS guidelines, those aged over 70 are most at risk of the illness so The Queen and Prince Philip, 98, will be social distancing at their second home.


Her Majesty's annual garden parties in May have been postponed after the government advised cancelling all large social gatherings to avoid the spread of coronavirus.

In normal circumstances, The Queen uses Windsor Castle for state visits, banquets and private time with her family.

Unlike The Queen's home at Balmoral (which was purchased by Prince Albert in 1852), Windsor Castle has been the home of the British monarchy for almost 1,000 years and famously includes its own chapel – where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle married in 2018.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall – cancelled royal tour and avoiding handshakes

Despite their best efforts to stick to their schedule, the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have been forced to cancel their 10-day tour of coronavirus-hit Bosnia, Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan.

A Clarence House spokesperson said: "Owing to the unfolding situation with the Coronavirus pandemic, The British Government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan."

The royals had planned to fly to Bosnia next week but, as they are both over the age of 70, have decided to remain in the UK.

What's more, the heir to the throne has also been skipping handshakes entirely during royal engagements – instead offering a wave or Namaste greeting instead.

When he arrived at the Prince's Trust Awards in London last week, Prince Charles went in to shake Sir Kenneth Olisa's hand.

But the royal quickly second-guessed his decision and retracted his hand before laughing off the awkward encounter.

Once inside, Charles greeted presenters Ant and Dec by placing his hands in a prayer sign and bowing his head.



Zara and Mike Tindall – business as usual

It's been business as usual for Zara and Mike Tindall since they returned from their ski trip in Northern Italy last month.

According to the Evening Standard, the couple went skiing in Bormio, Lombardy.

But the town was not included in the list of 10 locked down areas and the couple chose not to self-isolate as they were showing no symptoms of coronavirus.


A spokesperson for the couple said they had been following government advice and had not been asked to go into lockdown.

While attending Cheltenham Festival last week, Mike urged the public to "keep calm and carry on" in light of the ongoing crisis.

Saying it was a "shame" to see so many sporting events cancelled, Mike told racegoers: "Do I feel that cancelling everything is going to solve it? I'm not entirely sure."

In more Royal Family news, this is the awkward moment The Queen doesn’t recognise a painting of her and her father.

And Meghan Markle & Prince Harry feel ‘immense relief’ that they’ve left the UK & can start a new life, a source has claimed.

Plus Pippa Middleton orders cabs under the name ‘Lucy’, a taxi driver has revealed.

Source: Read Full Article