I met Royal Wedding superfans in Windsor… and had tea with ‘Prince Harry’
Prince Harry, 33, will tie the knot with American actress Meghan Markle, 36, at a ceremony at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle beginning at 12pm on Saturday.
“Everyone here is so excited and just pumped for the Royal Wedding on Saturday,” said Stacey, 28.
“The atmosphere is just wonderful, everyone’s together and singing and dancing.”
It was Meghan and Harry mania in the town, with every shop on the street stocked to the brim with memorabilia, souvenirs and cardboard cut outs of the glamorous couple.
“It’s just insane,” Stacey exclaimed, pointing to a window display of royal-inspired mugs, cheese, figurines and biscuit tins.
“Apparently biscuits taste better with Harry on the front,” she joked.
Impressed by the sheer size of the wedding venue, Stacey exclaimed: “It’s ginormous, I mean, who needs that much space? How many en suites do you reckon are in Windsor Castle?”
Stacey admired the effort many royal fans had gone to with their patriotic clobber, telling one woman that her crown reminded her of one she once got free from Burger King.
One reveller, dressed top to toe in a Union flag suit, revealed he had a different outfit for each day of the build up to the wedding – with a special one reserved for the big day.
Another showed off her “Markle Sparkle” glittery shoes, and one gave their predictions for Meghan and Harry’s first baby, revealing she expected to be camped outside the Lindo Wing next year.
What we know so far…
- Meghan Markle confirmed her dad would not be at her wedding as he continues to recover from major heart surgery
- Thomas Markle had earlier said he wouldn’t be attending for fear of embarrassing Meghan over staged paparazzi photos
- The 73-year-old suffered a heart scare last week which he has reportedly blamed on an open letter by his son Tom Jr – who has since said he’s “mortified”
- Samantha Markle, Meghan’s half-sister, slammed claims Kensington Palace is supporting their dad in hospital before she was injured in a car crash on Wednesday
- Mr Markle backed Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland to give her away in his absence but she is said to not be on speaking terms with her ex-husband
- Doriamet with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge a Royal Wedding rehearsal and is expected to sit down for afternoon tea with the Queen today
- The bride’s best friend Jessica Mulroney jetted into London Heathrow with her kids
- Kensington Palace announced Prince George and Princess Charlotte would be among the bridesmaids and page boys at the wedding
- Elton John will reportedly perform at Meghan and Harry’s wedding
Stacey also paid a visit to the local sweet shop, admitting that would be her first port of call after the wedding if she was a royal guest.
The star admitted she was “so excited” at the prospect of meeting a Royal, but sadly the closest she came was a cup of tea with a cardboard Harry mask.
When a blacked-out car drove by, she admitted she was so short-sighted that it “could have been anyone in there”.
Meghan Markle's Suits co-stars have all touched down in London ahead of the big day.
Sadly, her dad Thomas Markle won't be attending the big day due to ill health.
Instead, her mum Doria Ragland is expected to walk her down the aisle.
Source: Read Full Article