THE best cooling mattresses can keep hot sleepers comfortable year round.
But what should you look for and is there anything else you can do to improve ventilation? Read our guide to find out.
Why it's worth having a cool bedroom
Having a cool bedroom can make or break a good night's sleep, even during the winter months.
According to the Sleep Foundation, the best bedroom temperature for sleeping is approximately 18.3C, though it varies by a few degrees from person to person. Doctors recommend keeping the thermostat set between 15.6C and 19.4C.
If you struggle to keep your temperature down at night, here are some tips to help:
- Open the window or door to your bedroom to improve the air flow to your room.
- Switch from duvets to blankets or even a cotton sheet and get cooling pillows to complete your set.
- Before you go to bed, have a warm shower – your body will cool off as the water dries.
- Avoid having cold showers as this can overstimulate your body and keep you awake for longer.
- Diet can help as well. Before you go to bed, make sure you only have light meals and don't drink large amounts of alcohol.
To help you stay cool all year round, we've picked out the best cool mattresses and mattress toppers.
Best cooling mattress and mattress toppers at a glance:
- Best luxury hybrid mattress: Simba Hybrid Luxe mattress
- Best premium hybrid mattress: Simba Hybrid Pro mattress
- Best budget hybrid mattress: Inofia memory foam and sprung ventilated mattress
- Best for restless sleepers: Vesgantti pocket sprung mattress with breathable foam
- Best for moisture-wicking: eve sleep original hybrid spring and memory foam mattress
- Best gel hybrid mattress: iGel Advance 2000 mattress
- Best for back support: Silentnight Miracoil GelTex mattress
- Best mattress topper: Panda mattress topper
Best luxury hybrid mattress: Simba Hybrid Luxe mattress
- Simba Hybrid Luxe mattress, from £1,579 from Simba – buy here
Pros: comfortable, supportive, coolest mattress we've slept on, eased back pain, can't feel partner moving
Cons: expensive, requires deep-fitted sheets, heavy to manoeuvre
We recently tested out the Simba Hybrid Luxe and found it to be the coolest mattress we've ever slept on.
The sleep geniuses at Simba designed the mattress with a breathable sleep surface, temperature-regulating bamboo-infused wool and cooling Simbatex foam, all of which contribute to a super cool and comfortable night's sleep.
The Luxe is Simba's most expensive mattress (with good reason, we believe) – but if that's a sticking point for you, take a look at the Simba Pro below, which is significantly cheaper and we also highly rate for its cooling technology.
Read our Simba Hybrid Luxe review here
Key specs – Type: Hybrid, Trial period: 200 days, Guarantee: 10 years
Source: Read Full Article