A man wearing a Donald Trump mask and Santa Claus hat has been accused of attempted murder after he shot his estranged brother-in-law
- A 75-year-old man has been accused of shooting his estranged brother-in-law in Rohnert Park, California.
- The suspected attacker was wearing a mask that resembled President Donald Trump, a Santa Claus hat, and a white beard, according to police reports.
- The victim, a 77-year-old man, was shot twice. He was taken to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
- The suspected attacker has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A 75-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the shooting of his brother-in-law, aged 77, while wearing a rubber Donald Trump mask, a Santa Claus hat, and a fake white beard.
Police were called to a house in Rohnert Park, California, after a woman reported that her husband had been shot.
Gerald Jacinth, a Las Vegas resident and estranged relative of the victim, was arrested following the incident.
Police say that Jacinth had approached his brother-in-law's home on Saturday morning.
According to a police,he wearing an over-the-head mask resembling Donald Trump, a white long curly beard, and a Santa hat, according to Rohnert Park authorities.
Jacinth offered a small gift to his brother-in-law as a "special delivery," Rohnert Park's deputy chief of police said in a press release.
The victim, an unnamed 77-year-old man, refused. An "exchange of words" took place and then the victim was then shot twice.
He was hospitalized with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Despite being shot, police reported that he was able to take a photo of the suspected attacker fleeing the premises.
Jacinth was apprehended following a short car chase by police and charged with attempted murder. A .380 handgun was retrieved from his vehicle.
He was then booked into jail with a bond set at $1 million
Source: Read Full Article