BARGAIN hunters can stock up on Bank Holiday beverages by getting 25% off booze at Asda.
The discount applies if you buy six or more bottles of wine, champagne or prosecco.
In the deal, which began on Tuesday in time for the bank holiday weekend, you can get 25% off if you buy six or more 750ml bottles of tipple.
You can mix or match any of the bottles in the selection, which includes brands like Yellow Tail, Martini, Oyster Bay and Freixenet.
Under the offer, you can get a 750cl bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Champagne for £15 – saving you £5 on the full price of £20.
Of course, you'll need to buy at least six bottles for the deal to kick in. Normally, six bottles would set you back £120 but in the offer, the booze costs £90.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
MONEY.CO.UK has shared some top tips with us to help you keep your supermarket spend down to a minimum.
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn't on your list, don't put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – You are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don't buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they'll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – Follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
Alternatively, if you're more of a sparkling wine fan you can get 750ml bottles of Freixenet Italian Sparkling Rose for £9, saving you £3 per bottle on the full price of £12.
Normally a box of six would cost £72 but the offer brings the price down to £54.
If you like wine, a 750ml bottle of Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon was £8, but now it's down to just £6 when you buy a crate of six.
It's worth bearing in mind that the deal may only be worth it if you’re planning on buying six bottles of plonk, otherwise, you're spending more money than you need to.
But you can still get a bargain if you don’t want to buy six or more as some bottles in the selection have had their prices individually slashed.
For example, you can get one bottle of Canti Prosecco for £7.50 reduced from £8.50 – saving £1.
For those who fancy including Canti Prosecco in a box of six, then the 25% discount will apply to the reduced price of £7.50 – not £8.50.
On Asda’s website, you can browse the wine selection where the qualifying products have a little red offer signs displayed.
These indicate if it’s part of the offer of if the individual price has been slashed as well.
The deal is available online although shoppers will need to factor in the delivery costs, which depends on where you live.
You can use the store's click and collect service that’s free over £25 or £4 for anything cheaper.
We've asked Asda if the deal is also available in stores across all UK regions as well as how long it will be available for and the full list of products on offer.
It comes as Sainsbury's launches a massive sale on clothes, and prices start from just £1.20.
Meanwhile, B&M has launched a sale on furniture with bargain prices available for items including dining tables, desk chairs and comfy armchairs.
Tesco has also launched a rapid delivery service to ferry groceries to customers’ doors within an hour.
Source: Read Full Article