MAKE your dad smile with a feast of all his favourite things on Father’s Day.
Whether he likes a Sunday roast, is a barbecue fan or prefers a takeaway, I have found some great buys.
To top it off, there are some tasty drink deals around – so even if you cannot be with Dad this year, you can raise a glass.
I also have two fabulous recipes for you to try, from morrisons.com.
Pile your affection high with Iceland’s gigantic Big Daddy cheeseburger, 1lb, £3.
Save £2.50 per kilo on Morrisons British lamb leg roast fillet, down from £10.50 to £8 per kilo.
Waitrose has the daddy of all steaks, a British beef bone-in tomahawk, £15, weighing in at a kilo – perfect for two.
Get Dad to cook his own, with two for £7 on barbecue meats at Tesco, including six beef burgers, 730g, £4.
For sunny days, Asda’s garlic and herb spatchcock chicken, £3.99, is the perfect choice.
For a twist on tradition, M&S Food has just launched its hoisin duck burger, £4 for two.
Buy three for £10 on a selection of meat and fish products at Waitrose, including two Louisiana beef steaks, 265g, normally £4.19 each.
For Dad’s dish of the day, head to Morrisons, where British rib eye steaks, 200g, are £4 or two for £7.
The Big Daddy giant chocolate chunky nut bar from M&S will hit the sweet spot, £5.
Get Father’s Day sizzling with two for £4 on Morrisons thick Cumberland sausages, £2.50.
Morrisons is adding to its food boxes line-up with two new “fakeaways” – a Market Kitchen Takeaway Favourites Box and Street Food Menu Box.
The boxes are priced at just £30, including next-day delivery – and are great for an evening in with Dad.
Grant’s Triple Wood blended Scotch whisky is £16.99 for a litre at Morrisons.
Save £5.50 on Monkey Shoulder malt Scotch whisky at Tesco, 70cl, now £22.
Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon is down from £8.25 to £6 at Morrisons.
Great with steaks, Asda’s Extra Special Malbec was £7.50, now £6.
The Co-Op’s Co-Lab Beer, 500ml, £1.60, or four for £7, is a great treat for Dad and also helps fund clean-water projects in Africa.
Get 12 330ml bottles of Sol at Morrisons for £10 or buy two packs for £16.
Save £2.50 on Villa Maria Private Bin Pinot Grigio, now £7 at Asda.
Buy four for £6 on Old Speckled Hen and other selected ales at Waitrose, saving £1.20.
At M&S, buy three for £5 on a selection of craft beers and ciders, including Cornish IPA and Devon farmhouse cider with elderflower.
Package them all up in a handy travel carry case, available for free in stores.
Save £4 on 12 bottles of Heineken lager at Tesco, down from £11 to £7.
Lamb with rhubarb
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 2 hrs 20 mins
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 300g shallots, peeled
- 400ml rosé wine
- 500g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3cm slices
- 2 tbsp red currant jelly, warmed
- 70g pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Put the lamb into a large roasting tin, rub the ginger into the skin and season.
- Place the shallots around the lamb, pour in the wine, loosely cover with foil and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and baste the lamb with the cooking juices.
- Toss the rhubarb with the red currant jelly and add it to the tin with the pomegranate seeds.
- Return to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve scattered with mint.
Strawberry choc ripple semifreddo
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Freezing time: 4 hours
- 150g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- 75g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 400ml Greek-style yoghurt
- 75g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with half the sugar, and mash together roughly.
- Line a 20cm x 9cm x 6cm loaf tin with cling film, leaving plenty hanging over the edge.
- Whip the cream with the rest of the sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the yoghurt, then ripple it gently through the strawberries and melted chocolate.
- Be careful not to overmix or you will spoil the ripple effect.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface.
- Cover with cling film and freeze for four hours, or until just firm.
- Slice and serve with a few extra strawberries on top.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article