Prince Harry 'spiritually at home' in California, Bryony Gordon says

Prince Harry feels ‘spiritually at home’ in California where he ‘doesn’t have to live in the expectations of others’, media friend Bryony Gordon reveals

  • Journalist Bryony, 40, became a friend of Prince Harry after meeting in 2017
  • Mental health advocate spoke with royals about leaving The Firm in autumn 2019
  • At the time she said she asked Meghan: ‘Why don’t you just jack it all in?’ 
  • Bryony has now revealed Prince Harry is ‘spiritually at home’ in California 
  • Campaigner said the Duke no longer has to live by the ‘expectations of others’
  • Comes as Duke spoke ahead of his upcoming Apple TV+ series on mental health 

Prince Harry feels ‘spiritually at home’ in California, his media friend Bryony Gordon has said.

The journalist and author, 40, is an award-winning mental health advocate, whom the Duke of Sussex, 36, chose for his first interview about his mental health struggles for her Mad World podcast in 2017.

She has now said Prince Harry, who is currently living in his $14 million mansion having stepped back from public duty last year, has found a ‘sense of purpose’ in his new life in the States. 

Writing in The Telegraph, she said: ‘He knows he has made mistakes – who among us hasn’t? – but he now sees that the most efficient way to live is truthfully, and not just by the expectations of others.’ 

The Duke of Sussex, 36, is ‘spiritually at home’ in California, his media friend Bryony Gordon has said

She has now said Prince Harry, who is currently living in his $14 million mansion having stepped back from public duty last year, has found a ‘sense of purpose’ in his new life in the States

Meanwhile Bryony said the Duke ‘expects and accepts’ to have critics, because of the ‘very public stance’ he has made about the media and the Royal Family.

She said: ‘It is this acceptance that has set him free, in many ways. He is no longer living in fear of the repercussions of existing as himself, as he wants and needs to be.’

Her comments come as Prince Harry warned the ‘majority of us carry some form of unresolved trauma, loss or grief’ and proclaimed ‘we are all human’ as he spoke ahead of his upcoming Apple TV+ series on mental health with Oprah Winfrey. 

The Duke is the co-creator and executive producer on The Me You Can’t See, a new programme with the US chat show queen which will start on the £4.99/month streaming service next Friday, May 21. 


Bryony is an award-winning mental health advocate, whom the Duke of Sussex, 36, chose for his first interview about his mental health struggles for her Mad World podcast in 2017 (pictured hugging the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after an event in 2018) 

According to Bryony, sources have said the documentary is the ‘result of the Duke’s efforts to broaden his perspectives’ (pictured, during an interview on Lorraine last year) 

According to Bryony, sources have said the documentary is the ‘result of the Duke’s efforts to broaden his perspectives.’

The multi-part series will feature interviews with singer Lady Gaga, actress Glenn Close and NBA basketball stars DeMar DeRozan and Langston Galloway that will ‘help lift the veil’ on mental health and emotional well-being.

Apple has said the new programme ‘transcends culture, age, gender, and socioeconomic status to destigmatise a highly misunderstood subject and give hope to viewers who learn that they are not alone’.

The hotly anticipated date was announced in a press release as well as a social media post by Oprah, with the Duke saying he hopes his latest project shows ‘there is power in vulnerability’.

Bryony said Prince  Harry no longer has to live by the ‘expectations of others’ (pictured, with Camilla, Prince Willliam, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis,and Meghan)

It comes just two months after Harry and his wife Meghan, 39, opened up about their mental health struggles during their bombshell interview with Oprah which first aired on CBS on March 7, then on ITV one day later.

During that interview, Meghan also claimed she had suffered from suicidal thoughts after being plunged into royal life and that palace staff had ignored her pleas for help after taking away her keys and passport.

Speaking at the start of Mental Health Awareness Week, Harry said as he launched the show today: ‘We are born into different lives, brought up in different environments, and as a result are exposed to different experiences.

‘But our shared experience is that we are all human. The majority of us carry some form of unresolved trauma, loss or grief, which feels – and is – very personal. Yet the past year has shown us that we are all in this together, and my hope is that this series will show there is power in vulnerability, connection in empathy and strength in honesty.’

It is not yet clear whether Harry will be paid for the project, which was first announced by Kensington Palace in 2019 before Megxit, but it comes after the couple also signed multi-million pound deals with Netflix and Spotify.

Source: Read Full Article