Teen almost blinded by fake eyelashes glue to the inside of her eyes

Teenager ends up in hospital after a trainee beautician glued false lashes to the INSIDE of her eyelid – and doctors say she could have been blinded

  • Lainey Palmer, from Brentwood, agreed for trainee to do her eyelashes for free
  • 19-year-old said trainee accidentally glued lashes to waterline inside of her eye 
  • Said pain felt like eyes were being scratched with needles after the treatment
  • Visited doctor and had eyes washed but ripped off the lashes herself due to pain
  • Four months on, real eyelashes still have not recovered from excruciating ordeal 

A teen was hospitalised by an agonising botched eyelash extension treatment when she claims the lashes were accidentally glued to the inside of her eye – leaving her lucky to keep her sight. 

Lainey Palmer, 19, from Brentwood, Essex, claims a trainee lash technician who carried out the procedure for free when she volunteered as a model left her eyes inflamed and her real lashes so damaged that nothing could be done to save them. 

The horse riding teacher claims it felt like her eyes were being scratched with needles when she underwent the beauty treatment in October last year. 

After realising the lashes were glued to her waterline, Lainey called the NHS 111 line and was advised to go straight to hospital – where doctors told her she could have been blinded. 

Lainey is now speaking out about the dangers of bagging cut price beauty deals and freebies on social media. 

Lainey Palmer, 19, from Brentwood, said her eyes felt like they were being scratched by needles after a trainee lash technician accidentally glue them to the inside of her eyes (pictured)

The teen revealed she interrupted her beauty appointment because she was in too much pain and realised what had happened once she got home (pictured: the eyelashes glue to the waterline of Lainey’s right eye)

The teenager said that four months on her natural eyelashes (pictured) have still not recovered from the ordeal 

She said: ‘I saw an advert on Facebook that a trainee was looking for a model to do classic eyelashes. 

‘I got there and had a patch test and had a reaction to the glue so they said they would use another glue, but I’m not confident they did because it was stinging. 

‘She was pinching my eyes really hard and I said it was really hurting me. I had to tell her to stop three times because it was so painful. 

‘When I went to the doctors and they told me I was lucky to keep my eyesight I was so shocked, but the pain was just taking over. 

Lainey had agreed to let the trainee practice on her own lashes because the treatment was free, but bitterly regretted her decision

‘I will never go with a trainee again and I have told people close to me to never go with a trainee.’

Lainey claims she had to ask the technician to stop the treatment because it became so painful, before the salon’s management offered to remove the lashes. 

She declined because she was in too much pain and after checking the lashes when she got home, was horrified to find they were glued to her actual waterline. 

Lainey said: ‘She didn’t even finish them. It was so sore, I couldn’t let her. It was agony. 


Pictures show that the trainee glued the fake lashes onto Lainey’s waterline on both her eyes. The teen said the pain was unbearable 

‘At that point I didn’t want anyone else touching my eyes I was in that much pain. So I said I’d go home and come back the next day when they’d calmed down to have them taken off, but it was getting worse. 

‘I knew it wasn’t right. I went to the bathroom when I got home to try and wash them off and I could see they were stuck to the inside of my eye. 

‘My eyes felt like they were being scratched with little needles. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 

‘Even my boyfriend, Reece, knew it wasn’t right and he’s a boy.’


Close-up pictures of the teen show the extent of the damage. Doctors had Lainey wash her eyes in order to get rid of remnants of glue 

Lainey with her friend Leah (right). The teen had to take two days off work in order to recover from the ordeal 

Lainey called 111 number and was advised her to go straight to the hospital, where her eyes were washed out to rinse out any remaining glue. 

Doctors told her she was lucky her eyeballs were only scratched and that her eyesight wasn’t damaged permanently. Lainey was discharged after treatment but she needed two days off work to get over the botched procedure. 

After hours of trying to massage the lashes off, Lainey says she couldn’t handle the pain any longer and ripped them from her waterline.

The poor teen said she spend hours trying to massage the lashes off her eyes, but eventualy had to rip them out in order to make the pain stop 

Lainey said her eyelashes were still very sensitive and will get sore through weather changes like cold and wind 


The teen said she used to wear eyelashes extensions all the time but has not done so since the botched incidents 

She said: ‘The next day they blew up like balloons. I had to take two days off work. I was in so much pain. I got them off after about three hours and it’s lucky that I did. I haven’t had eyelashes on since and I used to have them on all the time. 

‘My eyes are still very sensitive now. Where my eyelashes, sit, when it’s cold or windy, gets really sore. They still haven’t grown back properly. 

I used to have nice long lashes and they’ve gone, they’re really short and will never grow back.’

The salon has been approached for comment. 

Source: Read Full Article