Anthony Joshua 'in talks with WBA champ Manuel Charr' as possible Miller replacement… who has also tested positive for drugs in past
MANUEL CHARR says he is ready to take Jarrell Miller’s place and fight Anthony Joshua on June 1 in New York.
Miller, 30, failed a doping test for banned 'muscle growth' substance GW1516, and there are serious concerns that the New York Commission will ban him from fighting.
There could now be a scramble to fill the headline slot – and WBA "Regular" champ Charr is ready to prove his credentials.
This is despite the boxer himself having served a six month ban for failed drugs tests that showed anabolic steroids last year.
Speaking exclusively to SunSport, the 34-year-old said: “I am the real the contender for AJ I am the regular heavyweight champion of the world.
“I want to show the world who is the real WBA heavyweight champion of the world is.
“I have the experience and I want to show AJ boxing lessons. I have many fights and I bring with me the Syria heart.
“I am not scared of anybody. If I must fight a dinosaur I will be ready to win this battle.”
Miller is due to face WBA, IBF IBO and WBO heavyweight champion Joshua at New York’s Madison Square Garden in just under six weeks but now that fight has been put in jeopardy.
I'm ready to go to fight against Joshua and bring home the victory
Charr also spoke of his intentions on his Instagram page: “Today it has been announced that Miller is doped and therefore the fight between him and Joshua will not take place.
“Now, internal negotiations are taking place regarding the fight in June, Charr against Anthony Joshua.
“I am very happy about this task and the challenge.
"I'm ready to go to fight against Joshua and bring home the victory.
“As the No1 WBA and reigning world champion, I'm the most worthy opponent for Anthony Joshua. I am the suitable and official challenger.
“For Joshua's honour, it's important to fight against the No1 WBA ranking in the world.
“Miller, who now fails due to the suspension, was No4 in the WBA ranking.
“We will meet at eye level: world champion against Superchamp. I am ready to fight against him."
WHYTE WANTS REMATCH
SunSport reported earlier today that Joshua's old foe Dillian Whyte has also thrown his hat into the ring should Miller be pulled.
Whyte, who was stopped by Joshua in December 2015 in the seventh round, fancies another crack at the champ.
Speaking to Jim White on talkSPORT, The Bodysnatcher said: “I would jump in and have some.
“I would take the fight with Joshua at the drop of the hat. I would fight him seven days a week.
“If they want it, they can have it. Simple as that.
“I can whip myself into shape for the right opportunity. I can just push for a few weeks and get sparring.
“When opportunities like these present themselves you’ve got to take them.
“I don’t know all the ins and outs [of Miller’s doping results] so until the full report is produced, we don’t know if it’s something simple or it’s something major.
“We’ll wait and see.”
Source: Read Full Article