Atlanta Falcons at Arizona Cardinals odds, picks and best bets
The Atlanta Falcons (1-4) face the Arizona Cardinals (1-3-1) in a Week 6 clash of NFC basement dwellers. The Falcons and Cardinals occupy last place in the NFC South and West, respectively. Kickoff at State Farm Stadium is scheduled for 4:05 p.m. ET. Here, we break down the Falcons vs. Cardinals odds and lines, with sports betting picks and tips.
Falcons at Cardinals: Week 6 preview, betting trends and notes
Get some action on the game at BetMGM and have some extra skin in the game. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- The Falcons have hit a new low on their three-game losing skid, dropping their Week 5 matchup against the Houston Texans by a 53-32 count.
- The Cardinals won their first game of the season last week, beating the lowly Cincinnati Bengals 26-23 on the road.
- Arizona is 3-2 against the spread while Atlanta is just 1-4. The Cards have lost by an average of 7.6 and have failed to cover by 3.3 points on average. The Falcons are losing by 10 points and failing to cover by 8.8 points.
- The Cardinals are 3-2 against the Over/Under, topping the projected totals by an average of 1.3 points. The Falcons are 2-3 against the number but topping the projection by an average of 2.2.
- The Falcons have allowed 11 passing touchdowns since Week 2 for the most in the NFL. Their 13 total touchdowns allowed in the red zone on the season are the second most allowed.
- Atlanta’s 22 defensive penalties this year are the most in the league.
- The Cardinals have no interceptions and 12 passing TDs allowed for the worst differential in the NFL.
- The Falcons have thrown seven interceptions and have a turnover differential of minus-five. The Cardinals don’t have a defensive interception with a turnover margin of minus-one.
- Arizona is 1-12-1 when throwing at least one interceptions since the beginning of last season.
- The Cardinals are 2-5-1 when allowing 250 or more passing yards in a game since last season. Falcons QB Matt Ryan has thrown for at least 300 yards in all five games this year.
Falcons at Cardinals: Key injuries
Cardinals RB David Johnson (back) will be monitored through the week after playing through a minor injury in Week 5. WRs Damiere Byrd (hamstring) and Christian Kirk (ankle) both sat out last week’s game.
Falcons at Cardinals: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Oct 6, 2019; Houston, TX, USA; Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (12) celebrates with wide receiver Julio Jones (11) after scoring a touchdown against the Houston Texans during the first quarter at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Photo Credit: Troy Taormina – USA TODAY Sports
NFL odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Tuesday at 12:45 p.m. ET.
Falcons 24, Cardinals 21
Moneyline ( ?)
The FALCONS‘ offense is too explosive for the Cardinals’ porous defense to contain. Back the visitors to win an ugly game at -133. A $10 wager fetches a profit of $7.50.
Against the Spread ( ?)
Get better value on Atlanta by backing the Falcons to cover a spread of -2 at -110 odds. They need only to win by a field goal.
The UNDER (51.5, -110) is my highest-confidence play of the week. It’s a matchup of two soft defenses, but both offenses have routinely limited their own production with turnovers and poor play calls.
Esten’s NFL betting record: 13-14
Get some action in this one by signing up and betting at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Scott Van Pelt speaks for all Redskins fans in angry, powerful takedown of team ownership
New footage shows the Baker Mayfield-Richard Sherman handshake beef is a lie
Baker Mayfield is a mess, and the Browns are making it worse
A running list of notable NBA players who grew and shrank thanks to new, official measurements
Fantasy football trade targets for Week 6: Buy DeAndre Hopkins, sell Patrick Mahomes
Source: Read Full Article