Cristiano Ronaldo rape accuser demands £56million for 'pain & suffering' after claims star 'assaulted' her in hotel room
THE woman accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of rape is claiming for £56million in damages, it's been revealed.
Newly-released court documents show the amount former model Kathryn Mayorga is seeking from the footballer.
It comes after she accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Las Vegas hotel room after meeting on a night out in 2009, when she was 25.
Ronaldo vehemently denies the allegation.
She wants £18m for “past pain and suffering”, £18m for “future pain and suffering” and £18m in punitive damages, the Mirror reports.
The 37-year-old’s expenses rack up to £1.4m.
That includes legal fees of £1.1m.
And it means the grand total is a whopping £56.5m – equal to two years of the Juventus star’s salary.
In 2010, Ms Mayorga accepted $375,000 – £270,000 – as part of an out-of-court non-disclosure settlement.
But three years ago, Ms Mayorga filed a civil lawsuit in Las Vegas saying she had been “mentally incapacitated” when she agreed to it.
And she claims she signed it under duress.
New legal documents exclusively revealed by The Sun show Ms Mayorga's legal team demanded to grill Ronaldo over the matter via Zoom.
Her lawyers filed a list of 60 witnesses they want to testify, including British former Big Brother star Jasmine Lennard, 35, who claims she dated the former Manchester United ace 10 years ago.
Also on the list are three police officers who investigated the original complaint, Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli, Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes and adviser Andy Quinn.
Ronaldo has said: “I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me.
"Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.
"Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense."
On the night in question, Ronaldo, then 24, was in Vegas on holiday with his brother-in-law and cousin.
Ms Mayorga, who worked Rain nightclub inside the Palms Casino Resort, says she met Ronaldo in the venue’s VIP area.
He then invited her and a friend to his penthouse suite – room 57306 at the Palms – “to enjoy the view of the Las Vegas Strip”, she claims.
The luxurious suite featured a jacuzzi on the balcony.
Ms Mayorga claims she refused to get into the hot tub because she did not want to ruin her dress.
She said Ronaldo offered her some clothes to wear and told her to change in a bathroom.
The court papers claim that while she was changing Ronaldo walked in and exposed himself before asking her to perform a sex act.
Ms Mayorga says she then kissed him after refusing to engage in the sex act on the condition that he would let her go.
According to Ms Mayorga, after he pulled her into the bedroom and raped her, Ronaldo told her he was a “good guy” except for the “one per cent”.
Court documents lodged by her lawyers state Ms Mayorga had refused Ronaldo’s advances while screaming: “No, no, no”.
Ms Mayorga reported the alleged crime to Las Vegas cops the next day but refused to name Ronaldo.
She later decided not to prosecute and signed the non-disclosure agreement in January 2010.
Despite acknowledging the existence of the NDA, his lawyers maintained that it was "by no means a confession of guilt".
But in September 2018, as the #MeToo movement broke out, Ms Mayorga broke the agreement by giving an interview, resulting in Las Vegas Police reopening the case.
On July 22 2019, lawyers announced they will "decline to prosecute" 10-year-old claims against him because the allegations "cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt".
Ronaldo strongly denies the claims and has called them “fake news”, claiming the sex was consensual.
His lawyer attorney Peter S Christiansen issued a lengthy statement in response to the "inflammatory accusations" lodged against his client.
"The documents which purportedly contain statements by Mr Ronaldo and have been reported in the media are complete fabrications," he said.
"To be clear, Mr Ronaldo vehemently denies all of the allegations in the complaint and has consistently maintained that denial for the last nine years."
Source: Read Full Article