Greatest Royal Rumble stage takes shape ahead of marathon show
The Greatest Royal Rumble is rapidly approaching and leaked videos of the set show how grand the WWE is looking to make it as they go all in.
Taking place in the King Abdullah International Stadium, big plans are in place for the spectacle in Saudi Arabia, as the leaked stage construction shows.
The event will also go a whopping six hours, with every male title defended on the card including the largest ever Royal Rumble featuring 50 men.
Being dubbed WrestleMania 34.5, this will be an interesting show for the fans, as the WWE pulls out all the stops in Jeddah.
They normally reserve special set designs for select PPV’s such as WreslteMania or SummerSlam, but leaked footage shows how big they are going. It is a sign of how much money they are receiving for putting on the event that they are willing to do this.
The stage design matches the card, with no fewer than ten matches announced across a six hour marathon show (including a one hour pre-show). Not only will every male title be on the line, but John Cena will battle Triple H, The Undertaker fights Rusev in a casket match and there’s the small issue of the largest ever Royal Rumble. Get ready for a long one…
However, the event has not been without its problems.
The lack of women on the show has caused some fans to backlash and point towards the hypocrisy of the event. The WWE heavily promote their women’s division, but due to strict Saudi laws, they will have to watch from home.
Ticketing problems are also marring the build-up in Saudi Arabia, despite the incredibly low prices. There are only two ticket options, one of single men and one for families. However, the ‘bachelor section’ at the back of the stadium quickly sold out, meaning if people want to now attend they need to bring a woman or child with them.
This has led to complaints from bachelors trying to witness history first hand as they can no longer get tickets, when vast sections of the stadium remain unsold due to the family rule. The show will almost certainly be full on the night, but there could be a huge discount in prices coming up.
Luckily for UK fans, the main card will start at 5pm (4pm pre-show) and finish around 10pm, a nice change from staying up until the early hours of the morning for wrestling.
Here is the announced card.
- Universal Championship match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns inside a steel cage
- WWE Championship match: AJ Styles (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
- Intercontinental Championship ladder match: Seth Rollins (c) vs The Miz vs Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe vs Bobby Lashley
- United States Championship match: Jeff Hardy (c) vs Jinder Mahal
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship match: The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs The Usos
- RAW Tag Team Championship match: The Bar vs Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt
- Cruiserweight Championship match: Cedric Alexander (c) vs TBD
- 50 man Greatest Royal Rumble match featuring Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle
- Triple H vs John Cena
- The Undertaker vs Rusev in a casket match
Will you be watching the Greatest Royal Rumble?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
Source: Read Full Article