Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers odds, picks and betting tips
The Los Angeles Kings (0-0) make their 2019-20 season debut against the Edmonton Oilers (1-0) Saturday at Rogers Place. Puck drop is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET. Here, we break down the Kings and Oilers betting odds, picks and betting tips.
The Oilers beat the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 on the NHL’s opening night.
Kings at Oilers: Projected starting goalies
Jonathan Quick vs. Mike Smith
Quick is coming off the worst year of his career in which he posted a save percentage of just .888 with a 3.38 goals against average while going 16-23-7 over 46 starts. He went 33-28-3 with a .921 SV% and 2.40 GAA in 2017-18.
Smith stopped 31 of 33 shots on goal to get the win in his debut for the Oilers after inking a free-agent deal this past offseason. He posted a .898 SV% and 2.72 GAA with the rival Calgary Flames last season. The former fifth-round pick of the Dallas Stars is on the sixth team of his NHL career.
Kings at Oilers: By the numbers
Get some hockey betting action on this game by placing a bet at BetMGM.
- The two teams split last season’s head-to-head series 2-2. The Oilers won the final meeting of the year 8-4 in late March.
- The Oilers and Kings finished seventh and eighth, respectively, in the Pacific Division last season. Edmonton was 18-19-4 at home. Los Angeles was just 14-21-6 on the road.
- The Oilers went 3-3 in shootouts. The Kings were 3-4 in the skills competition.
- Edmonton averaged 2.79 goals for and 3.30 against per game last season. L.A. scored 2.43 per game and allowed 3.16.
- The Oilers were ninth in the league with a power-play success rate of 21.2%. The Kings were 27th with a rate of 15.9%.
- The Kings and Oilers ranked 29th and 30th by penalty-kill percentage at 76.6 and 74.8%, respectively.
- Oilers C Leon Draisaitl scored and added two assists in his season debut to lead the team with three points.
- Kings C Anze Kopitar led the team with 60 points last season. RW Dustin Brown ranked second with 51 points in 72 games.
Kings at Oilers: Key injuries
Oilers Ds Adam Larrson (fibula) and Joel Persson (shoulder) are both on the injured reserve for at least a few weeks.
Kings at Oilers: Odds, picks and betting tips
Odds courtesy of BetMGM; access them at USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated at 12 p.m. ET.
Moneyline : Take the OILERS at home with -161 odds. Smith has been a strong starter over his career and he’ll start his tenure in Edmonton at 2-0.
Spread : The value is with Edmonton at +170 to cover the spread of -1.5 and win by two or more goals. A $10 wager would net a profit of $17.
Over/under : Go with the OVER (4.5, -222) on the lowest projected total of the day. This is a considerable amount of chalk, so consider pairing the Over with either the moneyline or spread picks mentioned above as a low-risk parlay.
Esten’s NHL betting record: 3-5.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter .
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Eight firefighters needed to subdue 21-foot python
Brock Lesnar beat Kofi Kingston in 9 seconds and WWE fans are stunned
Clay Matthews was called for a brutal roughing the passer penalty and NFL fans were outraged
11 fantasy basketball sleepers to target in your 2019 draft
Statistical proof Tyler Lockett made one of the most improbable catches ever
Source: Read Full Article