MANNY PACQUIAO makes his return to the ring TONIGHT to face Yordenis Ugas for the WBA welterweight title.
Pac Man, 42, was set to face pound-for-pound king Errol Spence Jr but the American was forced to pull out after having eye surgery.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Instead the Filipino legend will now take on replacement Ugas, a Cuban boxer with a 26-4 record.
Pacquiao won the title beating Keith Thurman in July 2019 but has not fought since and the WBA had downgraded him to 'regular' champ because of inactivity. Now he has the chance to win his belt back.
When is Manny Pacquiao vs Yordenis Ugas?
- Manny Pacquiao vs Yordenis Ugas takes place tonight – Saturday, August 21.
- The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas plays host.
- Expect the fight to get underway from 4am BSTin the early hours of Sunday morning.
What TV channel and live stream is Pacquiao vs Ugas on?
Sky Sports Main Event & Action will be showing the fight. It will NOT be a PPV in the UK.
Sky begin their coverage at 2am.
Showtime will broadcasting the fight in the US.
Who is fighting on the undercard?
- Manny Pacquiao vs Yordenis Ugas – for WBA super welterweight title
- Mark Magsayo vs Julio Ceja – for WBO international featherweight title
- Carlos Castro vs Oscar Escandon
- Victor Ortiz vs Robert Guerrero
What have they said?
Pacquiao: "I feel great. My team has full confidence in my capabilities even at 42 years old and they note that I still have what it takes to face elite calibre opponents.
"Although the recuperation period of a 42-year-old may not be the same as a 25-year-old fighter, I still love what I am doing. I’m enjoying training and I’m learning more about myself everyday."
Ugas: "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Pacquiao, but I am coming to win this fight.
"I’ve been in camp working hard with my coach Ismael Salas and I know together we will come up with a masterful game plan to combat anything Manny will bring to the ring."
Source: Read Full Article