Mike Tyson announces he will return to ring for second comeback fight on May 29 in Miami as Holyfield calls for trilogy
MIKE TYSON announced his will return to the ring on May 29 in Miami for his second comeback fight.
The heavyweight legend last year made the stunning announcement that he would come out of retirement after 15 years out.
He later returned to face fellow icon Roy Jones Jr, 52, and the pair boxed to a draw over eight exhibition rounds.
Tyson, 54, said right after he will fight again, and he revealed on his podcast with Canelo Alvarez the date of his next bout.
He said: "End of May, where you (Canelo) fought (Miami) same ring you fought in.
"May 29th, May 31, something like that, right where you fought, same ring."
Canelo's last win, a third round stoppage against Avni Yildirim, was at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida.
And the last Saturday falling in May is the 29th, likely the date of Tyson's next fight.
The celebrated puncher did not name a potential opponent when asked about his return to the ring by Canelo's trainer Eddy Reynoso.
But talks between old rival Evander Holyfield, 58, have been on going for an astonishing trilogy 24 years in the making.
Holyfield first beat Tyson in 1996 in 11 rounds, but their rematch a year later will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.
Known as the 'Bite Fight' Iron Mike sunk his teeth into the American ex-champion in round three and was subsequently disqualified.
They have since formed a friendship in the years passing, but they will put that aside for a lucrative third fight.
And Holyfield – who last boxed in 2011 but officially retired in 2014 – called out Tyson in a recent Instagram post.
He wrote: "Getting back in my rhythm just waiting on my dance partner now @miketyson to show up. Where you at?"
A post shared by Evander Holyfield (@evanderholyfield)
Source: Read Full Article