New Mexico Lobos at Notre Dame Fighting Irish odds, picks and best bets
The New Mexico State Aggies (1-0) play the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) at Notre Dame Stadium Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ET.
Notre Dame inched up to number seven in the Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports, while New Mexico is unranked.
New Mexico at Notre Dame: Betting trends and tips
- New Mexico comes off a 39-31 win over Sam Houston St. where they did not throw a single touchdown pass but ran the ball for four scores. The Lobos ran for only 145 yards but threw for 340.
- Notre Dame’s front-seven allowed 249 rushing yards to Louisville. They must not allow New Mexico’s runners to get to the second and third levels of their defense.
- Notre Dame is 0-1 against the spread and on the over/under. For the Irish, they will have to work to beat the point spread this week as it is nearly 35 points.
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- Notre Dame RB Tony Jones Jr. looked solid but unspectacular. He tallied 110 yards on 15 carries. Jones should have a little more room against New Mexico’s front-seven, which was ranked in the bottom third last year against the run. QB Ian Book must be more of a double threat against New Mexico. His passing was a little errant.
- New Mexico must keep Notre Dame off the field as often as possible. That will involve rushing in the neighborhood of 200 yards on a lot of attempts. RB Ahmari Davis ran 19 times for 116 yards and two touchdowns. Davis must get 25 carries or more.
- The problem is New Mexico passed 40 times last week for 340 yards. Their completion percentage was less than 50 percent. The passing game expects to be even less effective against Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame must tackle better and get off the field. They did force or luck into several turnovers against Louisville. Better teams will not bail the Fighting Irish out. New Mexico, fortunately, is not one of them.
New Mexico at Notre Dame: Odds, betting lines and picks
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Friday at 1:30 p.m. ET.
Notre Dame 45, New Mexico 17
Moneyline ( ?)
The number is at a whopping -10000, which means for every $100 you wager you’d only profit $1 should the Fighting Irish win. Taking Notre Dame to win is not a question. There lies more value with the ATS and even the over/under.
Against the Spread ( ?)
Against the spread may be a different story. The 34.5-point-spread (-115) is rather close. Can Notre Dame score enough points? This is because the feeling is that New Mexico may be able to score anywhere from 17 to 24 points.
As mentioned, New Mexico ( +34.5, -106) is more effective against the run and must run the ball to keep Notre Dame off the field. If they were to win the time possession battle, that may be enough to keep the Lobos from losing by five touchdowns. A small wager for New Mexico against the spread is risky but has to be considered.
Over/Under ( ?)
The Over/Under is currently set at 63.5. Can Notre Dame shake off the rust from Week 1 and then the bye week? The UNDER (-106) will be in play for this game.
Get some action in this one by placing a wager at BetMGM. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Bill Belichick saluted a reporter in surprisingly sweet moment
A fashion expert grades Cam Newton’s outfits this season
6 reasons fantasy football owners should trade for Mike Evans immediately
NFL fans are mystified about why Cam Newton didn’t QB sneak instead of bizarre Panthers 4th down play
Antonio Brown admonished the haters in a live video from Tom Brady’s fitness center
Source: Read Full Article