NFL power rankings, post-Week 12 edition:
1. Saints (1): Even on a night when stars are coasting, they'll score 31. New Orleans hasn't even bothered to incorporate Brandon Marshall on game day yet.
2. Rams (2): Magic number to clinch NFC West remains at one. They should get job done in Detroit on Sunday, when they'd enjoy boost if Aqib Talib returns.
3. Chiefs (3): Remaining schedule is a Raiders sandwich with Ravens, Chargers and Seahawks in between. K.C.'s path to No. 1 seed likely to be very bumpy.
4. Patriots (5): Sunday would seem to be strong indication they've got all primary chess pieces back and are ready to peak at just right time. Per usual.
5. Chargers (6): Not sure why Melvin Gordon was still playing with Bolts up by 18, but it's kind of move franchise averse to prosperity too often makes.
6. Steelers (4): If they'd done right thing and continued deploying 6-9, 320-pounder Alejandro Villanueva in red zone, this other nonsense is immaterial.
7. Texans (8): Franchise record eighth consecutive victory comes on night they rush for franchise record 281 yards. First team ever to win eight straight following 0-3 start to season. Throw out those record books when Houston takes field.
8. Bears (7): S Eddie Jackson has five TDs since the start of the 2017 season. Atlanta's Julio Jones has six TDs since the start of the 2017 season.
9. Vikings (9): My favorite play of weekend was G Mike Remmers taking phrase "human turnstile" to an entirely unfamiliar level. Uh, sorry, Kirk??!!
Source: Read Full Article