Nike ‘deeply concerned’ by rape allegations made against Cristiano Ronaldo
The Juventus star has vehemently denied claims that he attacked model Kathryn Mayorga in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.
The statement, issued by the US sportswear giant on Thursday, is the first intervention by one of the star's major commercial partners since the bombshell allegations emerged on Saturday.
Nike signed up Ronaldo for a lifetime sponsorship deal at the end of 2016 reportedly worth £760million.
In the email tonight, the firm said: "We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation."
The 33-year-old star has branded the allegations as "fake news".
Earlier this week the charity Save The Children said it was "disheartened" by the claims and is "working to get more information".
Ronaldo, who captains Euro 2016 winners Portugal, also has lucrative contracts with several other major brands including gaming giant EA Sports, watch-maker Tag Heuer and luggage firm American Tourister.
The 33-year-old was the highest-paid athlete in the world for the second straight year in 2017 pocketing £70m — including £25m in licensing deals.
More to follow…
For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.
Thesun.co.uk is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.
Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click here.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.
Source: Read Full Article