Punchestown Festival day two racecard: Times, tips and runners with Minella Indo and Al Boum Photo in Gold Cup clash
PUNCHESTOWN Festival will bring the curtain down on a stunning season of jumps racing in ultimate style.
And the action continues in style on the second day with a red-hot Punchestown Gold Cup.
The Punchestown Gold Cup will pit Cheltenham Festival hero Minella Indo up against Clan Des Obeaux and Al Boum Photo.
OFFERS OF THE DAY
Betfair: BTTC: Bet £10 on Race 1 at Sandown Saturday, Get £60 in free bets (6 x £10 free bets) – CLAIM HERE
Betfair: New customer offer, Min single £10 Sportsbook bet on the 13:55 Sandown, 24th April ('Win or E/W' market only). £10 free bet for each of the remaining Sat Sandown races. Deposits using cards or Apple Pay only. T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.Org
William Hill: Bet £10 get £40 – £30 in free sports bets + £10 casino bonus – CLAIM HERE
William Hill: 18+. Play Safe. New customers using promo code M40 only. 1x per customer. Min £/€10 bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Free bets of 2 x £/€15 issued after first qualifying bet settles. Max £/€10 Bonus. 35x wagering requirement. Max redeemable bonus: £25. Casino bonus expires after 72 hours. UK & Eire only. Additional T&Cs, including free-bet, game, location, payment method and stake contributions apply. Begambleaware.org
Read on below for the full day two racecard.
When is the Punchestown Festival?
The action gets underway on Tuesday, April 27.
The festival lasts five days and finishes on Saturday, May 1.
Punchestown Festival day two racecard
- 3.40pm Adare Manor Opportunity Series Final Handicap Hurdle
- 4.15pm Connolly's RED MILLS Irish EBF Auction Hurdle Series Final
- 4.50pm Louis Fitzgerald Hotel Hurdle
- 5.20pm Irish Mirror Novice Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 5.55pm Ladbrokes Punchestown Gold Cup (Grade 1)
- 6.30pm ITM – Supporting Irish Store Sales Champion INH Flat Race (Grade 1)
- 7.00pm Guinness Handicap Chase
- 7.35pm Weatherbys General Stud Book Irish EBF Mares INH Flat Race (Grade 3)
Punchestown Festival day two tips
SunSport tipster Templegate will deliver his verdict on every race next week.
Don't forget to check back on SunSport to read our in-form punter's brilliant guide.
Punchestown Festival day two runners
The full list of final runners for each race will be confirmed nearer the time.
What's the big race?
The Punchestown Gold Cup has thrown up a cracker with Minella Indo hoping to do the Cheltenham-Punchestown double.
He takes on dual Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Al Boum Photo from the Willie Mullins camp.
And there's British interest with Paul Nicholls sending across his King George and Aintree winner Clan Des Obeaux, part-owned by Sir Alex Ferguson.
FREE BETS GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article