San Jose Sharks at Vegas Golden Knights odds, picks and betting tips
The San Jose Sharks (0-0) open the 2019-20 NHL campaign against the rival Vegas Golden Knights (0-0) Wednesday at T-Mobile Arena in downtown Las Vegas. Puck drop is scheduled for shortly after 10:30 p.m. ET.
Sharks at Golden Knights: Projected starting goalies
Martin Jones vs. Marc-Andre Fleury
Jones won 36 games despite posting a .896 save percentage in 2018-19. His quality starts percentage was just 43.5% (60% in the previous two seasons). The playoffs were much the same as San Jose reached the conference final despite Jones’ .898 postseason save percentage. San Jose must score three or more goals most nights.
The Golden Knights’ goaltender started off slowly but picked things up in the second half. It resulted in a 2.56 GAA, but his SV% dipped to .913 (.927 in 2017-18). He went 35-21-5 with eight shutouts in 61 games played.
Sharks at Golden Knights: By the numbers
Lace-up your skates. It’s time to drop the puck. Get some hockey betting action in this game at BetMGM. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- Sharks W Evander Kane who was suspended for the first three games of the 2019-20 season for abuse of officials in a preseason meeting between the two sides.
- The Sharks let W Joe Pavelski sign with the Dallas Stars this summer. They re-signed D Erik Karlsson and W Timo Meier along with W Kevin Labanc.
- Vegas re-signed their players and did little else in the off-season. They traded W Nikita Gusev for two draft picks. Also, Vegas claimed W Valentin Zykov off waivers from Carolina.
- Vegas had 54.6% of the scoring chances, 58.3% of the high-danger scoring chances and 52.7% of the expected-goals share, according to Natural Stat Trick in the pre-season game of “A” lineups against San Jose.
- The Sharks went 2-2 against Vegas last regular season. Vegas outscored San Jose 18-9.
- The Sharks finished 46-27-9 last season with the Golden Knights going 43-32-7. San Jose was 0-3 in shootouts, Vegas was 3-2.
- The Golden Knights went 24-12-5 at home. The Sharks were 21-16-4 on the road.
Sharks at Golden Knights: Key injuries
Golden Knights W Alex Tuch (leg) is listed as week-to-week and expected to miss most of October.
Sharks at Golden Knights: Odds, picks and betting tips
Odds courtesy of BetMGM; access them at USA TODAY Sports for a full set of today’s betting odds. Odds last updated Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. ET.
Moneyline : Vegas has been one of the better home teams over its first two seasons and can score goals in bunches like they showed in the preseason finale against San Jose. Back the GOLDEN KNIGHTS at -106 to win in regulation.
Over/under : Take the OVER (5.5, -139) with both teams struggling defensively last season. The fact this is an early-season game with a ton of intensity expected creates a perfect recipe for goals. If this shifts to 6.5, then place a smaller wager on the over.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @ChrisWasselDFS and @SportsbookWire on Twitter .
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Why Juan Soto getting tagged out after his huge hit for the Nationals was actually a genius play
Percy Harvin tells the story of punching Golden Tate in the face
Week 5 fantasy football studs, duds and sleepers: Start Austin Ekeler even with Melvin Gordon back
Injuries force college football team to forfeit the remainder of its season
Fantasy football trades for Week 5: What to do with Nick Chubb?
Source: Read Full Article