Animal loving girl, 10, electrocuted while trying to rescue her cats from behind a tumble dryer

Greenlee Marie Buckley, from New Boston, Texas, US, died on Saturday night while attempting to rescue the two cats.

In heart-breaking online posts, her family revealed the animal-loving child wanted to be a vet when she grew up.

She was praised for her “compassionate heart” on a GoFundMe page which has been set up to raise money for animal charities.

Her mum Shelby Roos told KSLA-TV: “She would do anything for them.

“I know she is up there right now with all of her babies.”

The grieving mother also shared the news of Greenlee’s death on Facebook.

On Monday, she wrote: “With the heaviest of hearts I want to tell y’all our Greenlee was tragically taken from us Sat night.

"She was such a light in this world and everyone she ever met couldn’t help but fall in love with her.

“She had more compassion for everything living at 10 years old than most will have in a lifetime.”

“Take peace in the fact that she is in heaven getting love from all the animals she loved with her whole heart.

Police are investigating the wiring at the family’s home in Texas, the Dallas Morning News reports.

Chief Gary McGrary told KSLA-TV: “It’s too early right now to start placing blame and responsibility.”


Source: Read Full Article