Bedsit Killer David Fuller's wife reveals horror at husband's sick crimes & ends marriage after finding out the truth

THE wife of the Bedsit Killer has spoken of her horror for the first time after it emerged that he sexually abused the corpses of at least 99 women and children.

Mala Fuller, 50, said she is no longer with husband David after it was revealed yesterday that he raped bodies in a hospital mortuary for at least 12 years.

Fuller yesterday admitted murdering Wendy Knell and Caroline Pierce in 1987. He had sex with both victim's bodies.

He remained free for more than 30 years after the killings.

And two decades after the murders, the monster began raping corpses while working at NHS hospitals as a technical supervisor.

The 67-year-old is known to have abused the bodies of at least 99 females aged between nine and 100.

And as fears emerged the sick monster could have targeted thousands more, his wife spoke of her horror. 

Mala told MailOnline today: "I’m not with him.

"I couldn’t carry on in that relationship. 

"I’m too upset to even think about what was going on, I couldn’t live with it.

"You can’t imagine how distraught I am."

Mala, who is originally from Trinidad, moved out of the home she shared with her husband in affluent Heathfield, East Sussex four months ago.

The former couple had lived together for 20 years.

She burst into tears as she told a reporter: "I couldn't stay in that house knowing what he did and what went on there.

"I wanted to be alone and I want to live my life alone."

Neighbours revealed that Mala told them her marriage was over just weeks after Fuller's arrest last December.

When cops raided his home, he was still working for the Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.

One local said: "She made it clear that she wasn’t going to continue with him, but how could any sane person?

"Mala’s sister has been helping her through this very difficult time.


"She had to stay in the house until she found alternative accommodation but as soon as she could, she got out and I don’t blame her.

"Nobody can stay married to a monster like that."

Fuller's mortuary offences came to light after cops arrested him for the murders of Wendy and Caroline.

Sickened officers found four hard drives packed with millions of images and videos of abuse when they detained the vile pervert late last year.

Among the footage was shocking proof that he had spent at least 12 years abusing corpses.

He'd taken pictures and videos of his sickening crimes, even organising the photos into folders and keeping a diary of his victims' names.

Detectives then discovered he'd searched for the women on Facebook and learned about their lives after the rapes.

Fuller will die behind bars for his horrific crimes.

Police have today set up a helpline for families who fear their loved ones were violated by the necrophiliac.

More than 80 people have called within just hours.


And officers have admitted they may never know the true number of women and girls defiled by Fuller, although say it could rise by hundreds more.

The sicko was able to go undetected with an "all access hospital pass" despite having a criminal record for previous burglary convictions he had lied about.

He was finally forced to have a criminal record check for the first time in early 2015 following revelations Jimmy Savile had sexually assaulted patients.

But in spite of that, his last known morgue attack was in November last year – meaning he continued to abuse corpses FIVE years after the check.

A £1.5million package of support with funding from the Home Office, Ministry of Justice and Department of Health and Social Care will be offered to families who need psychological support.

And top MPs are now demanding a public inquiry into how the horror was able to take place.

The 99 known victims were in mortuaries at the Kent and Sussex Hospital in Tunbridge Wells, which closed in September 2011, and the replacement Tunbridge Wells Hospital in nearby Pembury.

Fuller's sickening offences – labelled "the stuff of nightmares" by prosecutors – were finally allowed to be reported yesterday after he admitted killing Wendy and Caroline.

Both women were bludgeoned to death in their Kent flats and sexually assaulted as they lay dead – in what became known as the "Bedsit Murders".

I’m too upset to even think about what was going on, I couldn’t live with it. You can’t imagine how distraught I am

Cops were finally able to pin him for the horrifying double slaying last year after a breakthrough in DNA evidence.

But they then discovered a slew of horrifying new crimes while searching through his home.

Fuller had even penned a diary about his sex assaults, which was kept in a secret room at the property he shared with his wife.

Azra Kemal, 24, was one of those abused by Fuller at Tunbridge Wells Hospital after she died following a fall from a bridge last July.

Her mum Nevres gave a devastating interview to Sky News, telling reporters: "He had entered the morgue and autopsy area thousands of times.

"Not hundreds, thousands."

It was revealed today that Fuller was well thought-of by colleagues, who believed him to be "affable and helpful" and were "shocked" when he was arrested.

Some are expected to receive counselling.

DCI Ian Beasley, who led Kent Police's investigation into Fuller, said: "It quickly became clear that the extent and scale of offending was likely to be unprecedented in the UK.

"We have never seen anything like this."

More than 150 family liaison officers informed the families of the dead women simultaneously after Fuller pleaded guilty to 51 charges, including 44 relating to the necrophilia, at a hearing on October 8.

Boris Johnson's spokesman today called the case "truly shocking."

"The Prime Minister shares in the revulsion and concern felt by people across the country," he said.

"The sickening nature of these crimes is very difficult to comprehend and while words cannot describe the pain inflicted on these families, the Prime Minister has been profoundly moved by some of the experiences that have been shared.

"His thoughts are also with Wendy Knell and Caroline Pierce, who were brutally killed over 30 years ago."

Timeline of horror

1987 – David Fuller murders Wendy Knell and Caroline Pierce in Tunbridge Wells before sexually assaulting their bodies

1989 – Fuller starts working as an electrician at the Kent and Sussex Hospital in Tunbridge Wells, then run by the Tunbridge Wells Health Authority

2008 – First evidence Fuller was violating bodies in the hospital's mortuary

2011 – The new Tunbridge Wells Hospital opens, and Fuller is transferred to facilities provider Interserve

2012 – Police reveal they have a full DNA profile for the man suspected of murdering Wendy and Caroline – but they don't yet know who he is

2020 – In December, Fuller is arrested and charged with both murders. Cops searching his house and computer find evidence of his mortuary crime

2021 – in January, Fuller denies murdering Wendy and Caroline. He is later charged with the additional offences and the hospital trust sets up an inquiry

October 2021 – The defendant admits the mortuary offences

November 2021 – Part-way through a trial, Fuller admits the murders. The mortuary offences can then be reported

    Source: Read Full Article