Beloved dad takes own life after sending tragic final message to friend

A young dad tragically took his own life after sending his friend a message reading “I’m gone”.

Connor Bond, 22, jumped from a luxury apartment block near where he worked in Salford, Greater Manchester, on February 16 last year.

Connor, who was a concierge, was “neglected and abused” by an ex-partner who used their child “to get what she wanted”, Bolton Coroner's Court heard.

Friend Neville Edwards said: "His conflict was because of the way she manipulated him and treated him. He was more than capable of being an amazing father."

He saw Connor a week before his death and he appeared “subdued”, the Manchester Evening News reports.

Connor discussed suicide, and Mr Edwards tried to dissuade him.

He believed Connor's actions were "linked to the way he was feeling to his former partner".

"I'm 100% certain that it would have to be some recent contact from her that has sparked that downward spiral within a couple of hours," he said.

"It's the only thing he held so close to his heart that would have tipped him over."

Connor's parents, Stephen and Alison, had last seen him on the morning prior to his death at their home in Miles Platting, Manchester.

  • Cheerleader heartbroken after nudes leaked on Reddit got her sacked from Colts

He had “seemed his normal, happy self” as he sang along to Frank Sinatra while getting ready for work.

A post-mortem examination found he had 175 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, which was just over twice the legal alcohol limit for driving, but not enough to be toxic on its own.

Daniel Zotec, who worked alongside Connor on the night of his death, said his colleague had seemed “tipsy” so he recommended he go down to the porter's lodge to rest and recover.

Another of Connor’s friends, Jasmine Fricker, claimed he was abused by his partner.

The night of his death, she received a message saying he was “done” and another reading: “I’m gone.”

  • Fetish models are selling vagina-scented masks and charge double if stained with urine

Connor had contacted his GP about experiencing suicidal thoughts on two separate occasions, in 2016 and 2018.

The inquest heard he died of multiple injuries sustained in the fall.

Recording his verdict, Coroner Timothy Brennand said: "He had the world at his feet and could have achieved anything he wanted.

"The tragedy is that he has had his life blighted by this dysfunctional and toxic relationship.

"It's quite clear to me that Connor was a delightful young man.

  • Terrifying bodycam shows PCSO being dragged 100ft along car during cannabis check

"He was larger than life and somebody who was able to put a smile on the faces of those that knew him."

Paying tribute, Connor's family said: "He left a mark on so many people's lives. He had loads of friends. You just had to meet Connor once and you never forgot him.

"He was a real character and an old soul in a young body. We were so proud of him."

Police coroner's officer Marcheta Hogan said attempts to reach his ex-partner, who lives in Glasgow, had failed.

She added that the investigation had found 'no suspicious circumstances' surrounding his death.

For emotional support, you can call the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 116 123, email [email protected], visit a Samaritans branch in person or go to the Samaritans website.

Source: Read Full Article