Ricardo Thompson, 21, was caught driving more than double the speed limit on the M23 motorway on August 25, 2018.
In the clip, the 21-year-old was clocked in his dark Audi TT RS a little before 7.30am speeding past the camera.
Cars are seen driving in the oncoming lane.
He has now been banned from the roads for 15 months after admitting dangerous driving at Crawley Magistrates Court.
Thompson will also have to work 150 hours of community service along with having to pay £170 – £85 costs and an £85 victim surcharge.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “In a police interview, Thompson was apologetic for his actions, and said his reason for speeding was to get to work on time.”
Chris Snell, of the Sussex Police safety camera team, said: “Exceeding the speed limit is dangerous and can have devastating consequences.
“Every year, our officers have the unenviable task of passing a death message on to numerous families of victims involved in speed-related collisions.”
The conviction comes as West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service launched a campaign for motorists to slow down after 16 people died and a further 239 were seriously injured by speed-related collisions in Sussex last year.
It’s not the first time a driver has been clocked driving at ridiculous speeds.
Yesterday a motorcyclist appeared to intentionally hit a Tesla after the autopilot car would not let him pass.
A new technology may be implemented in all vehicles as of 2022 which could stop drivers breaking speed limits.
Source: Read Full Article