People have been urgently requested to close their windows and doors closed as emergency services deal with a "chemical incident" in Surrey.
One person has been treated at the scene after being taken unwell after police were called to an address in Farm Lane, Lightwater, this morning.
A house was reportedly vandalised with a strong-smelling substance coming from it.
Surrey Police's Roads Policing Unit tweeted: "The A322 Lightwater Bypass is closed from Gordon Boys roundabout to the M3 due to a police incident.
"For your own safety, please do not go round the closures.
"It is currently unclear as to what the incident is.
Six people rushed to A&E after chemical spill at Brit hospital
Sex cult leader 'poisoned four women killing two' after running abuse camp
"At this time, our advice to local residents near Lightwater is to keep widows and doors closed."
Firefighters are also in attendance.
A Surrey Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We were called to an address in Farm Lane around 9am today.
"Firefighters and specialist officers have been deployed following reports of a strong-smelling substance at the address.
"A police cordon is currently in place."
One resident, Debbie Hunt, told Surrey Live: "I was just about to go outside and clean my car when I heard the news so I stayed indoors.
"The thing is I need to go out later today but we still don’t know what the chemical actually is.
"It's scary to be told that we have to keep our windows and doors shut.
"I'm scared to even let the dogs out in the garden."
Source: Read Full Article