Chris Cuomo addressed his “Fredo” meltdown as he returned to CNN, promising to learn from the embarrassing backlash and “be better.”
“All right, no secret how I spent one particular afternoon on vacation,” the hotheaded host said as his show returned Monday, referring to his caught-on-camera fury at being called “Fredo,” which he compared to the N-word.
“And there is nothing to add, except to say thank you,” the Queens native continued.
“Thank you to all who reached out in person, who sent messages. I appreciate it.”
He gave particular nods to Fox News’ Sean Hannity — who tweeted that his rival had “zero to apologize for” — and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow for reaching out.
“They acted as colleagues, not competitors, and I won’t forget it,” he said.
“In fact, I’m not gonna forget, and I will use all of the feedback,” he said, referring to the scorn and backlash his rage produced.
“Because the key is for us to all be better. And that starts with me.”
Cuomo, 49, famously flipped earlier this month when a man confronted him on video and made the reference to Fredo Corleone, the ineffective son of Don Vito Corleone in “The Godfather.”
“I’ll f–king throw you down these stairs like a f–king punk,” Cuomo was filmed replying. “You’re gonna call me Fredo, take a f–king swing? I’ll f–king wreck your s–t.”
Chris Cuomo caught on video flying into rage after man calls him ‘Fredo’
Source: Read Full Article