Football fans applaud for Arthur Labinjo-Hughes in touching tribute in sixth minute of West Ham's game against Chelsea

FOOTBALL fans today clapped for a tragic six-year-old boy killed by his dad and stepmum in a touching sixth-minute tribute.

Applause rang out at a packed London Stadium today as West Ham and Chelsea supporters honoured Arthur Labinjo-Hughes.

Fans from both sides clapped at the sixth minute of the London clash – a minute for every year of Arthur's short life.

A picture of the Birmingham City fan was also projected on to a big screen by the Hammers during the touching tribute.

It comes as…

  • A dad and stepmum have been jailed for killing tragic Arthur
  • Their sentences have been referred to the Attorney General for being too 'lenient'
  • A trial heard harrowing evidence that helped snare the killer pair
  • A tragic timeline of Arthur's death shows the missed chances by the authorities
  • Arthur's gran slammed his selfish killer for acting like his death 'inconvenienced’ her
  • It emerged Tustin aborted a baby in custody and twice attempted suicide
  • Neighbours say 'nutcase' Tustin chased an ex with a spade and manipulated men

Fans from today's 3pm Premier League games are also expected to clap for Arthur as well as several West Midlands clubs.

It comes after Emma Tustin, 32, was caged for life with a minimum of 29 years yesterday after being convicted of murdering her stepson.

His "pitiless" dad Hughes was caged for 21 years after being found guilty of manslaughter.

Their "lenient" sentences are being referred to the Attorney General by Solihull MP Julian Knight.

Hughes and Tustin waged a sick "campaign of cruelty" against Arthur in his tragic final months.

The youngster was segregated for 14 hours a day and forced to sleep on the floor in a brutal struggle that matched the “medical definition of child torture”.

He was also poisoned with so much salt he was too weak to even put up a fight against his torturers' horrific abuse.

On June 16 last year, Tustin repeatedly smashed the youngster's head against a hard surface causing him to collapse.

He died in hospital the next day from a "head trauma inflicted on him by an adult" consistent with being "vigorously shaken and his head banged repeatedly against a hard surface".

Arthur's frail and skeletal body was covered with 130 bruises and he suffered 93 different areas of injury – including on his head, arms, legs, feet and torso.

Even if just half of the 130 bruises on Arthur's body were the result of abuse, it would still be a mark for every day he spent being "terrorised" during lockdown.

The injuries were so severe they were likened to those seen in a high-speed car crash.

Chillingly, Arthur's final months on earth were captured in harrowing audio clips and recordings made by Tustin and Hughes.

Arthur could be heard wailing in one 23-second recording "no one loves me" and "no one is going to feed me".

Video footage also showed Arthur hours before he died waking up on the living room floor.

The emaciated youngster was said to be so frail he could barely pick up his bedding.

A serious case review has now been launched following the "terrible tragedy", Solihull Council confirmed.

    Source: Read Full Article