That’s no joke: Half of us can’t recall last time we laughed… and a third haven’t even had a giggle in the last MONTH, survey shows
- Nearly half of Britons unable to remember the last time they laughed out loud
- The average Briton laughs only three times a week according to a new survey
- Those wanting a laugh are most likely to succeed by looking at a funny meme
We might think we are known for our sense of humour.
But nearly half (42 per cent) of Britons say they can’t remember the last time they laughed out loud, according to a survey.
The average Briton laughs only three times a week, and 32 per cent believe they haven’t as much as giggled in the past month.
Sixty-nine per cent of those polled said they feel there are fewer things to laugh about.
But those wanting to make themselves laugh are most likely to succeed by looking at a funny meme (36 per cent), while 35 per cent struggle to stifle a giggle in a serious situation and 32 per cent chuckle when they watch their children being funny.
The average Briton laughs only three times a week, and 32 per cent believe they haven’t as much as giggled in the past month
Zai Bennett, from broadcaster Sky which commissioned the research to promote its comedy programmes, said: ‘Considering the ups and downs of the last few years it’s no wonder the nation is in need of more than a little bit of light relief.’
He added: ‘The research shows we’re all craving more laughter and our 2023 slate at Sky aims to remedy exactly that.
‘From new original comedy and entertainment series, such as Hold the Front Page and Never Mind the Buzzcocks, to stand-up specials and the best laugh-out-loud shows from the US, our amazing roster of comedic talent ensures we’ve got something for everyone at Sky this year.’
Other things guaranteed to crack a cackle are watching outtakes and bloopers from TV shows, watching reruns of Only Fools and Horses and receiving a ‘hilarious’ gif in a WhatsApp group.
Top ten things that make us laugh
1. Being sent a genuinely funny meme
2. Being in a serious situation when you’re not meant to laugh
3. Watching your kids be funny
4. Watching bloopers/outtakes of your favourite TV show
5. Someone with an infectious laugh
6. The sound of a baby laughing uncontrollably
7. A hilarious dog/cat clip
8. Watching reruns of Only Fools and Horses
9. When someone sends a hilarious gif on the WhatsApp group
10. ‘My partner’s jokes’
Source: Read Full Article