Jilted husband ‘takes revenge on ex-wife by blowing up her car with molotov cocktail while she slept in it with lover’

A JILTED husband took revenge on his ex-wife by blowing up her pick-up truck as she slept inside it with her new lover, it's claimed.

Shocking CCTV footage is said to show the heartbroken man fleeing after throwing a molotov cocktail – petrol bomb- at the vehicle in Thailand.

The suspect, later identified by cops as Niwat Chankaew, allegedly tracked his ex-lover’s truck to a petrol station and erupted in rage on seeing she was with another man.

Niwat is then said to have returned with his home-made bomb and hurled it at the truck while his ex and another man were sleeping.

The terrifying footage shows flames quickly engulfing the truck as a man in a red shirt is seen fleeing the scene.

The woman Pattarapond Kongsidee, 26, scrambled to safety with only minor burns along with her new man.

She told police they stopped over at the gas station to rest while travelling to deliver fruit with her new boyfriend when the incident happened.

She said: "He was my ex-husband. We have one child together but I had to leave him after I found out he was dealing drugs.

"I was shocked. I tried to maintain a good relationship with him and I thought we had an understanding. Now I am confused what made him do it.

"I thought we were going to die. He smashed the window which sent glass everywhere and made it even harder to escape and put out the fire.

"We covered the 170,000 baht (£3,900) repair bill by ourselves. We also lost the watermelons we were supposed to deliver which cost us another 50,000 baht (£1,150)."

She added that they reported the incident to the police, who later arrested Niwat and made him take part in a re-enactment of the attack in Nakhon Si Thammarat province.

He reportedly confessed to setting his ex-lover’s car alight be cause he was devastated over the split and said that she owed him money.

Niwat told local media he was not hiding from the police and was waiting for them to arrest him.

He said: "My heart was still broken. I told her not to come to Nakhon Si Thammarat until I get better.

"She took everything from me and now she’s giving it to the other person.

"I have not been hiding from the police. They just didn’t arrest me.

"I’m ready to be imprisoned but she has to pay me what she owes me so we can be fair.’

Police Captain Rakkiat Chotsak said that officers are still working on the case.

He said: "We interviewed and interrogated all witnesses and the evidence was already collected.

"We initially invited the man who was allegedly on the video for questioning but he did not show up.

"An arrest warrant was issued and we found him and he confessed to starting the fire.

"We’re not gathering his testimony and interviewing all the witnesses to know the full situation before he can be charged."

    Source: Read Full Article