Knife-wielding ‘Subway Ripper’ allegedly kills two in gruesome underground spree

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A knife-wielding man who allegedly went on a gruesome subway killing spree that left two homeless people dead and others slashed has been arrested.

The man, dubbed the A-train Ripper, was arrested on Saturday in Upper Manhattan, the New York Post reported.

One source said his shoes were still splattered with the blood of his alleged victims when he was taken into custody.

He was also reportedly in possession of a bloody knife, although police are yet to confirm this.

The attack triggered a "surge" of 500 New York Police Department officers who were deployed across the city after the killing spree began.

A victim of the alleged attacker, a 67-year-old man, told cops the man screamed "I am going to kill you" before stabbing him.

He was knifed in the right knee and left buttocks and needed surgery, but is expected to survive the attack.

It's believed to be connected to three other attacks, including one that happened 12 hours after the first stabbing on Friday.

Police were alerted to the second attack after a man was found stabbed to death but still slumped in his seat on an A train at Mott Avenue station in Far Rockaway.

He suffered stab wounds to his neck and torso, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Two hours after that, at 1.15am on Saturday, a 44-year-old woman was found dead in a pool of blood under her subway seat inside an A train at the 207th Street station in Inwood.

Sadly, the woman, who had stab wounds throughout her body, was taken to New York Presbyterian-Allen Hospital, where she was declared dead.

A short while later, at 1.28am, a 43-year-old man was randomly stabbed as he slept on a stairwell at the A train station at West 181st Street.

  • Man whose ex-girlfriend poured acid over him while he slept still has nightmares

He stumbled to a nearby bank on West 181st Street, but collapsed and was rushed to hospital with puncture wounds to his back.

Transit Chief Kathleen O’Reilly of NYPD said: "Three of these incidents appear to be connected and the Detective Bureau is looking into the possibility that all four could have been committed by one individual."

She added: "We will work tirelessly to bring the individual to justice."

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article