Little boy says goodbye to partner in crime and best friend – his little sister

"A little boy should not have to say goodbye to his partner in crime, his play mate, his best friend."

These are the words of Matt Scooter, just hours after he watched his brave son Jackson say goodbye to his little sister.

Addy was just four years old when she lost her battle with cancer.

Just hours before she died her brother visited her in hospital and refused to leave her side, holding her hand and comforting her.

The two children giggled, played, looked at photos and watched videos.

Speaking to Mirror Online Matt, who lives in in Arkansas, USA, said: "Addy was the sweetest little girl you could ever meet. She stole hearts wherever she went. She was so kind.

"She and Jackson were best friends. Sure, they got on each other’s nerves some days like typical siblings, but they loved each other greatly and did everything together.

"One of her favorite parts of the day was going to get Jackson from school.

"They were very close.

"That day at the hospital Jackson wouldn’t leave her side.

"We asked him numerous times if he wanted to go stay with his grandparents or his friends, but he wouldn’t leave."

Matt shared the heartbreaking photo of his children on social media.

He wrote: "A little boy should not have to say goodbye to his partner in crime, his play mate, his best friend, his little sister.

"This isn’t how it’s supposed to be. But this is the broken world we live in.

"Addy’s symptoms have progressed rapidly over the past day and a half.

"Yesterday she woke up as her spunky playful self. While we still see short instances of our girl she can no longer eat or swallow without difficulty and she’s sleeping most of the time now and we’ve admitted her into inpatient care.

"Most likely she doesn’t have much time left.

"For our family and close friends if you feel you need to tell her goodbye we recommend you contact us and do so soon.

"Pray for Jackson. He doesn’t want to leave her side and we won’t make him. Pray for us.

"That we have the right words and can make the necessary arrangements in time."

Addy, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2016, passed away just hours later at 1am.

She went through 33 rounds of intense chemotherapy in her fight against the tumour.

The illness affects a sufferer’s muscles, nerves, heart rate and breathing.

While the treatment halted the disease for a short time, the Sooter family were forced to pay over £15,000 for experimental treatment in Mexico.

Addy’s family and friends are now raising money for a charity researching DIPG, the type of brain tumour Addy had.

To donate to their efforts click here.

Matt has also made a video celebrating Addy’s life, which can be viewed here.

Source: Read Full Article