Man strangles pregnant ex-girlfriend with phone charger and kills unborn baby

A man has confessed to murdering his ex-girlfriend with a phone charger cable before sitting their two-year-old daughter next to the woman’s body and giving the child a drink and a snack.

Philadelphia-born Jaleel Lamar Loper was sentenced to 39 to 78 years in state prison after pleading guilty to third-degree murder, third-degree murder of an unborn child, and two counts of stalking on Wednesday, October 13.

Anna Angok, 29, was pregnant on September 26, 2018 when Loper strangled her “in a fit of rage” because she had ended their relationship.

Examination of text messages on the victim’s phone shows that she had broken up with Loper that very day, and he had falsely accused her of aborting their child.

At about 6pm on that evening, according to a police statement, an unidentified man called the 911 emergency number, giving Angok’s address and telling them to hurry.

When police arrived they couldn’t get an answer and left. A short time later a second 911 call, apparently from a relative of Angok’s came in.

When he confessed to the murder earlier this month Loper, 30, told police that he had made both those calls, disguising his voice.

Officers from Bristol Township PD entered Angok’s at around 6.30pm and found her crumpled body on a couch. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Her 2-year-old daughter was found unharmed, seated on a chair beside the couch.

A police report said that in addition to confessing to killing his ex-girlfriend “Loper also admitted that after Angok was dead, he picked her up off the floor, placed her on a couch and then gave Angok’s 2-year-old daughter, who was also in the apartment, a juice box and a snack, and sat her on a chair next to the couch.”

“This is a terrible tragedy,” District Attorney Matt Weintraub said. “The defendant will be behind bars until he’s at least 70 years old. He is paying a costly price for murdering Ms. Anna Angok and her unborn child.”

Source: Read Full Article