Meghan and Harry leaks ‘could continue’ if royals don’t tackle ‘issues’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could keep leaking information if Buckingham Palace refuses to address their “issues”, royal experts have suggested.
Royal biographer Omid Scobie said it may continue “for some time”.
The claims follow the leak that Harry had spoken to Prince Charles and Prince William in the wake of the Sussexes’ Oprah chat.
US broadcaster Gayle King revealed talks had taken place, but said they were “unproductive”. She said she had spoken to Harry and Meghan.
Mr Scobie, who co-authored the Sussex's biography Finding Freedom, said there normally isn’t “such a detailed insight into what is going on”.
He told the HeirPod podcast: “It was actually quite refreshing to hear from someone that just shared it from the horse's mouth."
ABC News foreign correspondent Maggie Rulli said she was “surprised” by Gayle King’s remarks and it was “somewhat shocking”.
She described it as being “unprecedented”, as it involved her “sharing what’s happening inside the Palace without the Palace’s approval”.
Prince Harry looks 'lonely' after pals fail to back Oprah talk, commentator claims
Mr Scobie, ABC’s royal contributor, replied: “It was certainly surprising because we are so used to information coming through several channels removed.”
He said it would have been a “jarring moment” for the institution to “suddenly realise we are not the only ones in the driver’s seat”.
The commentator added: “Certain individuals might have felt a little perturbed by that.
“Will this continue to be a thing? If it is, i’m not sure that’s particularly great for anyone.
“At the same time, if we’re seeing a resistance towards addressing any of the issues, then maybe this will keep not going away for some time.
“You can only really bring an end to these topics, these concerns..by actually saying something.
“Never complain, never explain isn’t really relevant to the world we live in these days where we expect transparency and openness and honesty from our public figures.”
The Oprah interview, which aired on March 7, saw the couple make a string of bombshell claims about their time in the Royal Family, including racism allegations.
Meghan, 39, claimed there had been “concerns and conversations” about “how dark” their son Archie’s skin might be.
Buckingham Palace later issued a statement saying the issues raised were “concerning” and would be dealt with privately by the family.
The Daily Star has approached Buckingham Palace and a representative for the Sussexes for comment.
Source: Read Full Article