Meghan Markle and Prince Harry change Sussex Royal charity name to ‘MXW’ after sudden U-turn

PRINCE Harry and Meghan have done their second U-turn within a week over the future name of Sussex Royal.

Companies House documents confirmed today that paperwork had been formally submitted on behalf of the couple to change the name of their charity to MWX Foundation.

Documents giving notice of the change of name of Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were first filed last Wednesday – but then withdrawn just nine minutes later.

And Harry and Meghan performed yet another U-turn with paperwork formally submitted to Companies House to change the charity name to MWX Foundation today.

Speculation around what the initials could stand for began last week – with guesses including the Markle Windsor Foundation or possibly the Mountbatten Windsor Foundation.

The Change of Name Notice and a copy of the formal company resolution drawn up on July 1 to change the name appeared on the Companies House website this morning.

Even though the full details of the paperwork are not yet visible on the website, the submission of the resolution means that the Sussex Royal name has now been erased.

A Companies House spokesperson refused to shed any light on the mystery, saying: “Unfortunately we cannot comment on specific companies, or disclose such information. This information can only be made available at a written request by the company.”

As part of the change, documents also filed show a number of directors, including Meghan, have stepped down, confirming the charitable foundation is officially being axed.

The change is just the latest move for the couple who stepped down from Royal duties earlier this year.

The Queen told them they couldn't use the word "Royal" in their branding after they quit the Firm to become financially independent and live in North America.

The Sussex Royal foundation was launched on July 1 last year, after the couple split from the foundation they shared with Prince William and Kate Middleton. 

Earlier this month we told how the couple are now planning to concentrate on helping the travel industry during the coronavirus crisis.


Source: Read Full Article