Meghan Markle's snubbed sister Samantha claims mum Doria Ragland is 'cashing in' on Royal Wedding and accuses her of leaking photos
Samantha Markle, 53, accused yoga instructor Doria Ragland of sharing photographs of the US actress after it emerged Meghan was first dating Prince Harry.
The new Duchess of Sussex's estranged sister, who recently changed from being known by her last name Grant to Markle, tweeted after being accused of attention-seeking.
She wrote: "Even Doria cashed in talking to Oprah and some of the first photos out there only she could have had".
How the Royal Wedding unfolded…
- Meghan wore Diana’s ring as Harry drove the pair to their star-studded reception after tying the knot
- Meghan changed out of her Givenchy wedding dress into a bespoke lily white high-neck silk crepe gown by Stella McCartney for the party
- Celebrities including George and Amal Clooney, the Beckhams and Oprah Winfrey partied the night away at the lavish bash
- Elton John entertained guests by singing his hit songs ‘Tiny Dancer’, ‘Your Song’ and ‘Circle of Life’ at the party
- Prince Charles ‘had reception guests in stitches’ with gags about changing Harry’s nappy before a glittering firework display
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle earlier sealed their marriage with a kiss after a groundbreaking modern Royal Wedding
- Meghan stunned in a Givenchy gown with a 15ft veil embroidered with flowers for the ceremony
- Princess Charlotte and Prince George melted hearts with their outfits for the big day
- At the ceremony American Bishop Michael Curry stole the show with an eccentric speech
It comes as it was claimed Samantha was paid a five-figure sum to watch the Royal Wedding with a TV crew .
Her partner Mark Phillips, 60, is reported to have told DailyMail.com: “You can’t go in there. She is making big money with an exclusive TV interview.”
The mum was quickly welcomed by the Royal Family, with the bride even thanking her new in-laws for their kindness to her mum.
But Samantha appears to be unimpressed at Doria, who is believed to be filming an interview with Oprah Winfrey while they are both in London.
Oprah, 64, arrived at the wedding alone after securing the landmark chat with Meg’s mum. The US talkshow icon later described the day as “extraordinary”.
A royal source revealed: “The plan is for Doria to film part of her interview while Oprah is in London. That’s why she was invited to the wedding. There’s huge secrecy about what the interview will involve and when it will air.
“But both Doria and Meghan felt it was critical for Oprah to be at the wedding to really understand."
Samantha's criticism comes after she was compared to the Middletons, with one Twitter user saying: "It would be nice if you would take your cues from the Middleton family-or any family members of the royal’s spouses for that matter-who NEVER sell them out to the press or on social media."
Samantha hit out, saying: "They don’t have to speak to the media they have royal money and legal protection even members of the family who did not speak it were preyed upon by media vultures and photographers.
"To refrain from self defense is ridiculous."
Samantha was recently labelled a "vulture" by Piers Morgan.
She also claimed to have been in a car crash, despite police saying they had found no evidence of it.
Samantha recently wrote an autobiography called The Diary Of Princess Pushy in which she claims to tell-all about her half-sister.
The title of the book has since been changed to A Tale Of Two Sisters.
Her agent Linda Langton told The Mirror: "The book is extremely well written and is a dynamic and sympathetic portrayal of two sisters, one of whom is soon to be a real live princess.”
Source: Read Full Article