Meghan Markle's 'weird' statement ahead of Royal Wedding saying she's 'always cared for' her dad Thomas sparks disbelief from social media
Meghan, 36, issued a statement concerning the medical treatment her father, Thomas Markle, is currently receiving which will mean he will not be able to walk her down the aisle at Windsor Castle on Saturday.
But online commentators have picked up on the wording used.
The statement, issued by Kensington Palace this morning, said: “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding.
“I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support.
What we know so far…
- Meghan Markle confirmed her dad would not be at her wedding as he continues to recover from major heart surgery
- Thomas Markle had earlier said he wouldn’t be attending for fear of embarrassing Meghan over staged paparazzi photos
- The 73-year-old suffered a heart scare last week which he has reportedly blamed on an open letter by his son Tom Jr – who has since said he’s “mortified”
- Samantha Markle, Meghan’s half-sister, slammed claims Kensington Palace is supporting their dad in hospital before she was injured in a car crash on Wednesday
- Mr Markle backed Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland to give her away in his absence but she is said to not be on speaking terms with her ex-husband
- Doriamet with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge a Royal Wedding rehearsal and is expected to sit down for afternoon tea with the Queen today
- The bride’s best friend Jessica Mulroney jetted into London Heathrow with her kids
- Kensington Palace announced Prince George and Princess Charlotte would be among the bridesmaids and page boys at the wedding
- Elton John will reportedly perform at Meghan and Harry’s wedding
Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”
One Twitter user said the statement suggested Meghan was already 'suppressing emotions like a proper British Royal'.
Emma Gritt added: "'I have always cared for my father'" – what is she? A droid? She can't even say she loves her own dad?"
Another Twitter user responded: ''I always cared for my father', come on Meghan where's the word love!'
Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton tweeted: 'Interesting wording. She says I have always 'cared' for my father, not LOVED.'
Others were supportive of Meghan, insisting she is in a difficult position.
On Twitter user wrote: “I think no matter how she worded it people would read too much into it. Under the circumstances I think it was tastefully done.”
Another added: “She's in an impossible position, no statement – more speculation, a statement and everyone's picking that apart. Unless you're her how can anyone really know about her relationship – he wasn't part of her life for a long time.”
‘Bella’ was more direct in her approach, writing: “Yet another attack on Meghan Markle for her statement saying “I have always ‘cared’ for my father”… it seems some ppl on twitter were insulted she did not use the word “love”… Go f*** yourselves!”
Source: Read Full Article