Miracle as dog survives firework exploding in its mouth – but jaw is hanging off

Shocking images of an adorable puppy that survived having a firework explode in its mouth have emerged, showing the poor dog’s devastating injuries.

Three-month-old Stasik miraculously survived a violent attack at the hands of its former owner in Russia.

According to local media in the Chitinsky District, a firework was placed in its mouth and set alight.

When it exploded, the poor dog’s mouth was mutilated by the cracker and its teeth can be seen hanging from the wound.

Fortunately, the dog was rescued by the Vernost street dog shelter and taken to safety.

The pup is now receiving treatment at a veterinary clinic, but according to a shelter spokeswoman the vets were "shocked" Stasik survived "after losing so much blood."

Of the abuse, Irina Morozova said: "Even the vets were shocked when they saw what happened with Stasik.

"All of them wondered if they could survive after losing so much blood."

The vets reportedly had to extract pieces of cardboard from the dog’s jaw, with the branding of the firework attached.

Little Stasik will have to undergo several operations as the vets work to reconstruct his jaw, and is currently being fed through a tube.

The dog will first have an operation in the nearby city of Chita – but other surgeries and rehabilitation will have to be carried out in Moscow.

Morozova said the Belyi Klyk (White Fang) veterinary clinic agreed to help to try to save the animal.

  • Coronavirus: Spanish hospital video sees patients in corridors 'waiting days for beds'

The clinic reportedly said they had “never seen such a case” and aim to reconstruct the whole of Stasik’s jaw so he can eat by himself again.

It is unclear if Russian police are investigating the attack, or if any arrests have been made.

Source: Read Full Article