Mum-of-three’s heart ‘explodes’ after having cosmetic treatment

A mum-of-three who underwent cosmetic treatment died after carbon dioxide injected into her skin travelled to her heart and it exploded.

Claudia Bertoldi visited an unnamed clinic in Argentina for cosmetic Carboxytheraphy, a treatment involving carbon dioxide injected into the skin.

Her brother Claudio Bertoldi has said Claudia was undergoing her second session of Carboxytherapy at the centre when the 45-year-old suffered complications.

Claudio said that Canal 5 Noticias staff "administered carbon dioxide intravenously," which made her heart "explode."

He claims staff at the clinic "were not trained" and said the procedure should have been carried out "by a specialist."

Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment where gaseous carbon dioxide is subcutaneously introduced to promote blood flow and increase the skin’s elasticity to reduce the appearance of cellulitis and treat stretch marks.

It also has a necrotizing effect on fat tissue.

Claudio has since reported the clinic for malpractice and has said the "fatal error" has "ruined a family."

He said the clinic took took Claudia from her three children age 5, 12 and 21.

  • Bodies of 'raped and murdered' mum and daughter found in burnt house as two arrested

An autopsy is currently being undertaken on Caludia's body, but it will not be publicly available until later this week.

Police have reportedly said the strongest hypothesis Caludia died after carbon dioxide was introduced into a vein.

The mistake would have instantly killed her when it reached her heart, CN5 report.

Detectives have now opened an investigation against the clinic to make sure it was legally conducting its practices and had the appropriate staff to carry them out.

Source: Read Full Article