Pentecost, also called Whitsunday, is celebrated on the seventh Sunday after Easter. The Christian holy day commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ. It is celebrated on the Sunday 50 days after Easter (the name comes from the Greek pentekoste, “fiftieth”). Observances include prayers, vigils, fasting, novenas, retreats, Holy communion and litany.
Pentecost wishes, greetings and messages
- God bless you at Pentecost.
- Blessed Pentecost. May the gift of God’s Spirit fill your hearts, homes and your family this Pentecost.
- Happy Pentecost to you and your family.
- I wish that you are showered with the choicest blessings of Jesus Christ and blessed with a wonderful feast time with the people you love.
- Wishing you a beautiful, wonderful and unforgettable Pentecost. May you and your loved ones enjoy this day by coming together and having the big feast of this year.
- May you be blessed by the Holy Spirit with happiness, good health, great fortune and prosperity as you celebrate Pentecost with the people you love.
- May the feast of weeks this year be the best feast of your life.
- Pentecost is finally here and it is time to seek blessings from the Holy Spirit. May Jesus bless you and your family with eternal joy, togetherness and prosperity.
- Wishing you unforgettable feast and fantastic celebrations this Pentecost Sunday.
- May we come to trust the Word of God in our heart, to speak it with courage, to follow it faithfully and to fan it to flame in others.
- God of power,
- may the boldness of your Spirit transform us,
- may the gentleness of your Spirit lead us,
- may the gifts of your Spirit
- be our goal and our strength,
- now and always. Amen.
(As printed in the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship)
Come, O Holy Spirit by John Henry Newman
- Come, O Holy Spirit.
- Come as Holy Fire and burn in us,
- come as Holy Wind and cleanse us within,
- come as Holy Light and lead us in the darkness,
- come as Holy Truth and dispel our ignorance,
- come as Holy Power and enable our weakness,
- come as Holy Life and dwell in us.
- Convict us, convert us, consecrate us,
- until we are set free from the service of ourselves,
- to be your servants to the world. Amen.
Source: Read Full Article