Presidential debate moderator Steve Scully says his Twitter account was 'HACKED' after message to Anthony Scaramucci
THE next presidential debate moderator Steve Scully said his Twitter account was hacked – following a controversial tweet directed at former White House communications chief Anthony Scaramucci.
In a statement published Friday, C-SPAN stated that their Politics Editor, Scully’s Twitter account was hacked and the Commission of Presidential Debates have also recognized the error.
“Last night a tweet from Steve Scully, C-SPAN’s Political Editor, appeared on his timeline communicating with Anthony Scaramucci,” C-SPAN wrote in the statement.
“Steve Scully did not originate the tweet and believes his account has been hacked.
“The Commission on Presidential Debates has stated publicly that the tweet was not sent by Scully himself and is investigating with the help of authorities.”
Frank Fahrenkoph, a co-chair of the commission, first made the hacking claim to Fox News Radio’s The Brain Kilmeade Show Friday morning.
“Steve is a man of great integrity, okay. I don’t know this question about whether he tweet something out or not, I don’t know, and you’ll probably pick up on it a minute that he was hacked.
“Apparently, there’s something now that’s been on television and the radio saying that he talked to Scaramucci… He was hacked. It didn’t happen,” Fahrenkopf said.
Scully had been selected to host the second presidential debate, although the status of all future 2020 debates has been unclear after President Donald Trump’s Covid-19 diagnosis.
The since-deleted tweet, sent Thursday night from Scully’s account read, “@Scaramucci should I respond to trump.”
Scaramucci responded to Scully’s tweet and offered some advice on how to deal with the president, “Ignore. He is having a hard enough time. Some more bad stuff about to go down.”
Scaramucci told Fox News’ Brain Kilmeade on Friday that he thought Scully’s tweet was real, which promoted his response.
Trump has pulled out of the Oct 15 debate after the Commission on Presidential Debates announced that it would be turning the Miami town hall into a virtual event – as the president continues to recover from the coronavirus.
As a result, Joe Biden also withdrew from the debate and has since scheduled an ABC News town hall for the night that the date was supposed to take place.
Source: Read Full Article