Prince Harry will regret Oprah interview just as Princess Diana did after Bashir chat, Royal author Penny Junor says
PRINCE Harry will regret his interview with Oprah Winfrey, just as Princess Diana did after her chat with Martin Bashir, a Royal author said.
The Duke of Sussex will feel pleased at first – but like his mother, he may come to regret doing the tell-all interview, according to Penny Junor.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
This comes as Meghan and Harry are set to speak their "truth" about being in the Royal Family in a prime-time interview tonight in the US.
Speaking about Diana's sensational interview with Martin Bashir, Penny Junor said in the Mail on Sunday: "She was wrong and came to very much regret it.
"Diana had been excited by the attention and hadn’t thought about the negative impact on her children.
"My guess is that, like Diana all those years ago, Harry and Meghan will be feeling pleased as punch about their own interview with Oprah, which airs in America tonight and in the UK tomorrow.
"But I suspect that one day Harry will come to regret it, just as Diana did."
Diana's bombshell interview with Panorama journalist Martin Bashir famously outed that her marriage had "three people" in it – something that has been quoted countless times since.
Diana was still part of the monarchy – but only just after she and Charles legally separated three years before.
Prince William was said to have felt embarrassed and humiliated by the broadcast – while the Queen saw it as the final straw, according to the author.
Her scandalous interview was kept a total secret from Buckingham Palace – and within a month of it being broadcast, the Queen wrote to both Diana and Charles personally advising them to divorce.
Diana was extremely frank and open in a way was not deemed fitting of typical royal conduct.
And now the Royal expert believes that Prince Harry will come to regret his chat with Oprah in the same way.
The bombshell two-hour interview will be broadcasted by CBS on Sunday night – with ITV bringing the coverage to Brits on Monday night.
In the most recent trailer, the Duchess of Sussex alleged that the Palace had previously blocked her from doing an interview with Oprah- as she declared “I’m ready to talk”.
Oprah has already said that "no subject is off-limits" during the two-hour special.
And in a dramatic preview of their tell-all interview, Harry said that his "biggest concern was history repeating itself" in a hint towards his mother's own struggle in the Firm.
Meghan cradled her baby bump while the host asked her whether she was "silent, or silenced" by the Royal Family.
And the Duchess of Sussex also accused Buckingham Palace of “perpetuating falsehoods” in a startling preview clip of the interview.
The broadcast comes amid a storm of allegations of bullying against Meghan Markle – which she denies.
HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF
Meghan reportedly took issue with the way in which the BBC's Mishal Husain conducted her and Harry's engagement interview in 2017.
The presenter allegedly didn't show enough empathy for Meghan and Harry, according to insiders.
A former aide to one of the most senior members of the royal family also claimed "half the staff threatened to quit" over tensions allegedly caused by the Sussexes.
They claimed one incident that caused alarm occurred when Meghan hosted a shooting party at Sandringham for Harry's friends, shortly after their engagement.
She had ordered personally embroidered red blankets for each guest, but was not happy with what she received.
"When they arrived, they weren’t the right shade of red for Meghan and she went mental at Melissa [Touabti],” the source claimed.
Melissa was Meghan's former personal assistant, who is alleged to have left “traumatised” because of Meghan’s volatile behaviour.
After the claims of bullying were reported last week, a spokesperson for the Sussexes told The Times: “Let’s just call this what it is — a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation."
Source: Read Full Article