Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy mocked on Twitter for her Royal Wedding facial expressions as she watched him marry Meghan Markle
The 32-year-old Zimbabwean dated the now Duke of Sussex for seven years after meeting him in Cape Town.
Chelsy was among one of the first guests to arrive for the ceremony at St George’s Chapel, and appeared to be in good spirits as she chatted away with fellow guests.
However, a short while later, her mood appeared distinctively sombre.
Social media users were quick to pick on her glumness as the reality of what she was about to witness was likely setting in.
Some joked that her pensive lip-biting suggested that it “should have been me”, while others quipped that she must have struggled to “forever hold her peace”.
One user wrote: 'The face you make when it hits you that you are at your ex's wedding #royalwedding'.
Another shared a GIF of Harry high-fiving alongside the Queen, with the caption: “Harry’s ex’s got invited to the wedding but not the after-party? Man literally said, 'come and watch my greatness, then go home”.
One twitter comedian joked: 'Don't wanna panic you all but I think Chelsy Davy might object'.
Others shared the snap of Chelsy alongside hilarious pictures, with one comparing her facial expression to that of a fed-up looking stuffed fox.
How the Royal Wedding has unfolded so far…
- Meghan wore Diana’s ring as Harry drove the pair to their star-studded reception after tying the knot
- Meghan changed out of her Givenchy wedding dress into a bespoke lily white high-neck silk crepe gown by Stella McCartney for the party
- Celebrities including George and Amal Clooney, the Beckhams and Oprah Winfrey partied the night away at the lavish bash
- Elton John entertained guests by singing his hit songs ‘Tiny Dancer’, ‘Your Song’ and ‘Circle of Life’ at the party
- Prince Charles ‘had reception guests in stitches’ with gags about changing Harry’s nappy before a glittering firework display
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle earlier sealed their marriage with a kiss after a groundbreaking modern Royal Wedding
- Meghan stunned in a Givenchy gown with a 15ft veil embroidered with flowers for the ceremony
- Princess Charlotte and Prince George melted hearts with their outfits for the big day
- At the ceremony American Bishop Michael Curry stole the show with an eccentric speech
Taking it one step further one joker shared a picture of a woman dressed all in black with a veil over her head, captioned: “Going to your ex's wedding like 'honestly I'm fine, I'm fine”.
Another shared a snap of a woman peering through the ceiling boards, writing: “Chelsy Davy on the wedding night”.
Prince Harry’s bravery at inviting his ex was celebrated by other users, with one saying: “Would never invite an ex but look at her face the banter alone is worth it. Prince Harry is a G”.
However, some kinder social media surfers claimed to understand what Chelsy was going through, adding that they could relate.
One more sympathetic user tweeted: “When your ex gets married and you're at the wedding”.
While many will be scratching their heads as to why Harry deigned to invite not just Chelsy, but also his other ex, Cressida Bonas, to his big day, others have taken the move as a sign of the prince’s maturity.
Chelsy and Harry dated on and off 2004 until 2011 after meeting in Cape Town during the Prince's gap year.
She was a regular fixture on the London party scene and at well-heeled parties and polo matches, and also took a post-graduate degree in law at Leeds University so she could be closer to her man.
Over the next few years, Chelsy was by Harry's side as he attended Sandhurst, supported him when he was banned from going to fight in Iraq and there when he returned from a secret mission to Afghanistan.
She met the Queen at a society wedding, was a guest at Prince Charles' 60th birthday, and was even invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's despite no longer being with Harry.
The couple split up back in 2011 as she admitted she struggled with the pressure of dating a royal and she went back to Africa to clear her head.
However, she has since said that she is on good terms with the Prince.
She said: "I think we will always be good friends."
Source: Read Full Article