With just days away until Christmas, there are plenty of ways for people to get into the festive spirit while staying at home this year.
The Queen's royal chefs have shared their nifty recipe to create an incredible gingerbread house with a step-by-step video guide.
Posting on the Royal Family Instagram, the experts share the recipe to make the gingerbread dough and then roll it into two blocks before flattening them into a sheet.
Next, they follow the gingerbread template and cut them into shapes.
To make the decorations, the royal chefs recommended a lemon juice royal icing using 1500g of icing sugar, 200g of egg whites and 50g of lemon juice.
After that comes the fun part, you can use your imagination to fill up the blank canvas of the roof and walls or like the experts, they decorate the roof with a leaf-pattern and "star windows".
Viewers were amazed by the finished look, branding it the "loveliest gingerbread house".
The Royal's Instagram account previously shared how to make a perfect Christmas wreath and royal fans were fascinated by the trick by making " moss sausages " in the base layer.
The DIY decoration can be done in six simple steps with tools and flowers you can buy from online stores.
To make the impressive cake fit for a Queen, follow this recipe:
- 1000g plain strong flour
- 14g bicarbonate of soda
- 28g ground ginger
- 14g ground cinnamon
- 355g unsalted butter
- 500g light brown sugar
- 140g egg
- 175g golden syrup
- Mix flour, bicarbonate and spices together
- Add cold diced butter and continue mixing until crumb stage is reached
- Add sugar and briefly combine
- Then add eggs and syrup and mix until dough is formed
- Divide into 2 blocks, knead together by hand and flatten
- Wrap and chill for a few hours before rolling to approx. 5mm thickness for the house parts and approx. 3mm for smaller decorative parts
- Cut gingerbread house shapes using template
- Place on baking trays and chill again before baking
- For windows, crush boiled sweets into the spaces you have cut
For the royal icing:
- 1500g icing sugar
- 200g egg whites
- 50g lemon juice
- Sieve icing sugar and combine with egg white and lemon juice by hand first before placing into mixer
- Paddle together on low speed for about 2min, then scrape sides and paddle well
- Continue mixing on low speed for approx. another 5min, until a creamy hard peak consistency is reached.
- For piping, loosen icing with some water
- To assemble gingerbread house use hard peak icing
Source: Read Full Article