Sarah Everard murder – Wayne Couzens' wife is seen for the first time since he was charged with murder

THE wife of a cop accused of murdering tragic Sarah Everard has been seen for the first time since his arrest.

Elena Couzens, 39, was pictured in South East England today getting into a car.

The Ukrainian-born mum wore her brown hair in a ponytail and glasses as she clutched a folder.

Her appearance in public comes just days after her husband Wayne Couzens appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Sarah's kidnap and murder.

Sarah, 33, vanished after walking home from a friend's house in Clapham, South West London, on March 3.

Her body had to be identified by dental records after being found in a builder's bag in Kent, it is said.

Gun cop Couzens, who joined the Met Police in 2018, appeared via videolink from Belmarsh Prison on Tuesday.

The dad-of-two was remanded in custody ahead of a plea hearing on July 9 at the same court.

A provisional trial date was set for October 25 and is expected to last for four weeks.

Sarah left her pal's home at around 9pm and called her boyfriend as she walked home.

She was on the call for around 14 minutes but there allegedly has been no further activity on her mobile phone since then.

It has also not been recovered yet, it is said.


Sarah was seen alone on CCTV at 9.15pm, again at 9.28pm and was later captured on the camera of a marked police car at 9.32pm.

Her boyfriend reported her missing on March 4.

Couzens is accused of kidnapping Sarah in the Poynders Road area of Clapham.

The cop, who worked on the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command unit, had finished a shift earlier on the morning of March 3 and was not on duty at the time of Sarah's disappearance.

He was charged on Friday with Sarah's kidnap and murder after she vanished while walking home last Wednesday.

The announcement came moments before it emerged Couzens was taken to hospital again for a second time with head injuries.

He went back to St George's Hospital, where he was taken for the first time for treatment, in the early hours of last Thursday morning.

Police also revealed Couzens joined the Met in September 2018 where he worked on a response team in Bromley, South East London.

He then moved to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command on 1 February 2020 where he patrolled embassies in the capital.

Source: Read Full Article